Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-16-2020, 04:05 AM   #781
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Last Kingdom

The first six books of The Last Kingdom series by Bernard Cornwell are on Amazon UK for 6.69
A bargain, if you like historical fiction. As with his Sharpe books, a single (semi-fictional) lead character is used to bring life to the events of history.

I really enjoyed them.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:37 AM   #782
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I agree. They are great reads if you enjoy Historical Fiction and well worth the price.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2020, 08:47 AM   #783
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Sharpe's Siege by Bernard Cornwell has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UZDTGA
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/sharpe-s-siege-9

Spoiler:
Quote:
Sharpe's mission has seemed simple: capture a small unguarded French coastal fort, cripple Napoleon's supply lines, and retreat across the sea. But behind the lines, Sharpe's old enemy, Pierre Ducos, awaits Sharpe's arrival with a battalion of French soldiers and a vicious commanding general who keeps the scalps of his dead enemies as trophies.

Outmaneuvered by Ducos's treachery and abandoned by his own navy, Sharpe has only two choices: to escape with the aid of the charming, unscrupulous American mercenary, Cornelius Killick, or die.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #784
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Sharpe's Siege by Bernard Cornwell has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UZDTGA
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/sharpe-s-siege-9
I thought this one of the best of the Sharpe books.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:36 PM   #785
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway is part of today's Kindle UK Daily Deal at £0.99.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sun-Also-Ri...dp/B00FU7VAWK/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Published in 1926 to explosive acclaim, The Sun Also Rises stands as perhaps the most impressive first novel ever written by an American writer. A roman à clef about a group of American and English expatriates on an excursion from Paris's Left Bank to Pamplona for the July fiesta and its climactic bull fight, a journey from the center of a civilization spiritually bankrupted by the First World War to a vital, God-haunted world in which faith and honor have yet to lose their currency, the novel captured for the generation that would come to be called “Lost” the spirit of its age, and marked Ernest Hemingway as the preeminent writer of his time.
Advert
Old 02-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #786
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: .*
Gone with the Wind

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, Free

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0829Q7M5M

(hope i got the subforum correct)

Last edited by rhari79; 02-19-2020 at 03:19 PM. Reason: removed US link
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:02 PM   #787
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, Free in many regions on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829Q7M5M

Doesn't appear to even be available in the US. If you saw it there, it may be because you yourself are not in the US. But thanks anyway!
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:21 PM   #788
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: .*
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Doesn't appear to even be available in the US. If you saw it there, it may be because you yourself are not in the US. But thanks anyway!
apologies..regions playing tricks on me. removed the US link
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:13 AM   #789
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

Note that Margret Mitchell's works are out of copyright in life+70 countries (like the UK and all the countries in the EU), but Gone with the Wind is in copyright in the USA until 1st January 2031.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:17 AM   #790
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
The Falcon of Sparta by Conn Iggulden is 99p at Amazon UK.
This a new series set in 400BC.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:40 PM   #791
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Note that Margret Mitchell's works are out of copyright in life+70 countries (like the UK and all the countries in the EU), but Gone with the Wind is in copyright in the USA until 1st January 2031.
Though there's at least one (apparently) bootleg version of GWTW listed on Amazon US now. Then there's a copy from Simon and Schuster for $10 and one from PRH (UK) for $5. Those two, I'm sure are legit. But it's kind of a mess.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #792
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:

Well shut my mouth, what a perfect reason to give it another re-read!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:08 AM   #793
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Not quite sure where to put this - fantasy? romance? - so I settled for other fiction. Dragonfly In Amber is the second in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, and it's £0.99 today as part of the UK Kindle Daily Deal.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005E87Y3E/

Spoiler:
Quote:
THE SECOND NOVEL IN THE BESTSELLING OUTLANDER SERIES - now a major new TV series.

For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to the majesty of Scotland's mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones, about a love that transcends the boundaries of time, and about James Fraser, a warrior whose gallantry once drew the young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his.

Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful daughter as Claire's spellbinding journey continues in the intrigue-ridden court of Charles Edward Stuart, in a race to thwart a doomed uprising, and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #794
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Not quite sure where to put this - fantasy? romance? - so I settled for other fiction. Dragonfly In Amber is the second in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, and it's £0.99 today as part of the UK Kindle Daily Deal.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005E87Y3E/
Outlander DEFINITELY needs to be read as a series, in order. I picked up #3 at a store (decades ago) because the cover was cool, and just said "a novel". I'm not sure it mentions series on the front, and I knew that for many series it doesn't matter. That book starts in the middle of a literal cliff hanger, and I was totally at sea! It got sooo weird that I abandoned it halfway in. (I later found the whole series, loved them, .... and had a vague sense of familiarity when I reached book 3!)
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:21 PM   #795
tch65721
Addict
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Outlander DEFINITELY needs to be read as a series, in order. I picked up #3 at a store (decades ago) because the cover was cool, and just said "a novel". I'm not sure it mentions series on the front, and I knew that for many series it doesn't matter. That book starts in the middle of a literal cliff hanger, and I was totally at sea! It got sooo weird that I abandoned it halfway in. (I later found the whole series, loved them, .... and had a vague sense of familiarity when I reached book 3!)
OK... but what are they? Romance? Fantasy? From the little I've seen, I'd guess romance which is why I haven't taken the plunge but I would like to hear other opinions.
It might also be worth it to note that the first three in the series are currently on sale at audible (members only) for $6 each. These are HUGE audiobooks (30-40 hours each).
tch65721 is online now   Reply With Quote