Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #766
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@magarto: try again after reading this properly this time.

Spoiler alert: Unless it's actually a PW4, the answer's still going to be no, though.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:45 AM   #767
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
2020 device!
G000 T613 0024 shipped with 5.12.2
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2020, 11:49 AM   #768
ghpicard
ghpicard began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kindle PW3, PW4, Samsung Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
OK, general advice is to just make sure you keep an eye on Kindle, and once it *suddenly* updates, reinstall the hotfix asap (before another update comes).
Yes, keeping an eye on the Kindle is a great advice. I have kept mine (WiFi only) in airplane mode since it came out of the box, and suddenly a couple days ago I exited KOreader to upload some ebooks and somewhere in the process it decided to go out of airplane mode. Luckily I never configured it with my WiFi parameters and credentials.
ghpicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:57 AM   #769
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpicard View Post
Yes, keeping an eye on the Kindle is a great advice. I have kept mine (WiFi only) in airplane mode since it came out of the box, and suddenly a couple days ago I exited KOreader to upload some ebooks and somewhere in the process it decided to go out of airplane mode. Luckily I never configured it with my WiFi parameters and credentials.
Why not use scp to copy books onto the Kindle? No need to exit anything.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:00 PM   #770
trcm
Connoisseur
trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW4, Libra H2O
This is good advice (not configuring WiFi creds), there should be a KUAL shortcut for deleting them!
trcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #771
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
You can create one an upload here
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #772
trcm
Connoisseur
trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!

I may put it on the ever expanding list of things to do, like us all there’s never enough time is there

Is there a good doc on writing KUAL menu add-ins...
I see pages on all the extensions and how to use KUAL, nothing on how to develop for it?
Old 02-21-2020, 04:57 PM   #773
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Because you just have to open one to realize that it's just a dumb JSON table .
Old 02-21-2020, 05:03 PM   #774
trcm
Connoisseur

Ahh ok <thumbs up>
Thanks @NiLuJe, I may take a look tomorrow then.

Actually, it is kinda easy to navigate through settings to ask Kindle to forget all WiFi passwords,
It’s a shame they make you switch on WiFi to do it though!

Last edited by trcm; 02-21-2020 at 05:43 PM. Reason: no emoji, duh
Old 02-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #775
magarto
magarto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@magarto: try again after reading this properly this time.

Spoiler alert: Unless it's actually a PW4, the answer's still going to be no, though.
Yes. It is last Kindle Paperwhite model
magarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #776
magarto

It is PW4 G000PP. I cannot find how to inject an already jailbroken firmware. Sorry, I'm noob
Old 02-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #777
trcm
Connoisseur

Good lord, I forgot how much crap the Kindle runs to spy on its user.
We dont need /etc/dem_heartbeat/* do we,
or most of /etc/crontab/root...

Getting warmer, /usr/bin/wifilocker looks to store creds in sqlite3 db here : /var/local/system/wifilocker/wifilocker.db

Except it doesn't. Hmm, where is it...

Last edited by trcm; 02-22-2020 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #778
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by magarto View Post
It is PW4 G000PP. I cannot find how to inject an already jailbroken firmware. Sorry, I'm noob
Because there is no known way to to that.

Please read the very first post in the [I]Open Sesame{/I] thread.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:03 PM   #779
magarto

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Because there is no known way to to that.

Please read the very first post in the [I]Open Sesame{/I] thread.
Yes, I read it but another user told me above:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #780
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@magarto: @ilovejedd may be able to help with a PW4.

(You've still botched the amount of stuff needed to ID your device properly, though. So, read the Wiki page I linked above *again* first).

Tags
jailbreak, pw4