Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #1
69carat
69carat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ebook do not sync with Kobo App

Hi,

I wanted to read ebooks sometime on my computer so i downloaded the KOBO app for desktop.

But my library is empty on the computer, however it shows the title last book uploaded to the ereader...

I use calibre to manage my ereader and my library but i don't like the eviewer since it doesn't sync with the book and the page i stopped on my ereader.

Does someone has the same issue ?
Thank you,
69carat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69carat View Post
Hi,

I wanted to read ebooks sometime on my computer so i downloaded the KOBO app for desktop.

But my library is empty on the computer, however it shows the title last book uploaded to the ereader...

I use calibre to manage my ereader and my library but i don't like the eviewer since it doesn't sync with the book and the page i stopped on my ereader.

Does someone has the same issue ?
Thank you,
Hi--the Kobo app will only show and sync books bought from Kobo, and it sounds like your books are side loaded to your device using Calibre. Sorry.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:35 AM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Hi--the Kobo app will only show and sync books bought from Kobo, and it sounds like your books are side loaded to your device using Calibre. Sorry.

Shari
If you want to be able to read epubs on your PC you could try Sony's Reader for PC software. Sony still has it available for free download on their support site even though they no longer manufacture ereaders.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:51 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you do want to use the Kobo desktop to read ePubs see these instructions (admittedly they are intended to let content creators test their ebooks but should work for you). Sideloading for Testing Purposes
You will have to copy the ePubs from the Calibre library to the correct folder on your computer.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:52 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If you do want to use the Kobo desktop to read ePubs see these instructions (admittedly they are intended to let content creators test their ebooks but should work for you). Sideloading for Testing Purposes
You will have to copy the ePubs from the Calibre library to the correct folder on your computer.
Will this allow the books to sync reading position with the books on his Kobo? This is the feature that 69carat is looking for.

Shari
Old 01-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Will this allow the books to sync reading position with the books on his Kobo? This is the feature that 69carat is looking for.

Shari
No.
Syncing to kobo hardware is done via kobo servers, which only sync books from kobo store.

To get sync, BUY the books.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #7
shalym
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
No.
Syncing to kobo hardware is done via kobo servers, which only sync books from kobo store.

To get sync, BUY the books.
Which is what I told him in my initial reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym

Shari