Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2017, 09:27 PM   #541
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...263902&page=32

Now you can only download a kfx via K4PC. We knew it was coming, and some of what noimp said has come to pass. I will be interested to see if this changes buying habits among mobileread users.
Why would this change buying habits? Most people I know here get their books from various places. Maybe at best 10 people might change their habits but probably not many more than that.
99.% of people that own ereaders just want the books they buy to be readable on their devices. They don't care about the format or DRM or hyphenation or anything else one does to ebooks. They only care about reading the book.

Oh and my figure might be slightly low.
I know the outliers are less than 1% of all ereader owners.
Outliers being the ones here, the ones with major TBRs, etc.
Do you really think any boycott would make a bit of difference?

I am pretty sure those that want a work around will find a work around.

I would also bet money that Amazon has enjoyed this discussion and others of the same ilk.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #542
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Version 1.19 of K4PC is just starting to roll out. Currently version 1.14 from December 2015 is still supported. I suspect that it will be many months before all of the versions of K4PC without KFX are blocked from access. There is still time to download already purchased books and for tools to be developed to work with KFX, if there is enough interest.

I am not worried personally. I still have a working K3 Keyboard registered to my account.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote