Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2021, 12:35 AM   #16
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
))
The patch needs to be slightly modified. In the next version, everything will be fine.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:18 PM   #17
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Hm, I factory reset my Elipsa and installed the patch for 4.28.17925, and although it seems to have worked, I'm finding that every time the device reboots, the line spacing has gone back to being very small and has stopped relating to where the knob is set, so that if I increase it by one and decrease it by one, it goes back to where I had it before.

Is this part of the font scale changes in the latest firmware, or because I installed the wrong set of patches, or something else?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2021, 10:32 PM   #18
sanch
sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Elipsa, Forma
I tried applying the "Enable markup for sideloaded kepubs" patch from this Elipsa thread for 4.29.18730 for my Sage, but I received the following error:
--> could not apply patch "Enable markup for sideloaded kepubs": line 1461: inst 2: ReplaceBytes: could not find specified bytes

Any tips? Or any type of testing that I can help with in resolving this?

The patch worked perfectly for the Elipsa itself when patching 4.28.17925, which hopefully rules out user error and points to just a difference in the device and firmware.
sanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:48 PM   #19
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanch View Post
I tried applying the "Enable markup for sideloaded kepubs" patch from this Elipsa thread for 4.29.18730 for my Sage, but I received the following error:
--> could not apply patch "Enable markup for sideloaded kepubs": line 1461: inst 2: ReplaceBytes: could not find specified bytes

The patch worked perfectly for the Elipsa itself when patching 4.28.17925, which hopefully rules out user error and points to just a difference in the device and firmware.
It’s likely just a difference in firmware.
MGlitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 11:08 PM   #20
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanch View Post

try
Spoiler:
Code:
Enable markup for sideloaded kepubs:
  - Enabled: yes
  - ReplaceBytes:
      Base: "KepubMarkupDelegate::isMarkupSupported(Volume const&)"
      Offset: 390
      FindInstBLX: {SymPLT: "Content::isSideLoaded() const"}
      ReplaceH: 4F F0 00 00

untested
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #21
sanch
sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sanch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Elipsa, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
try
Spoiler:
Code:
Enable markup for sideloaded kepubs:
  - Enabled: yes
  - ReplaceBytes:
      Base: "KepubMarkupDelegate::isMarkupSupported(Volume const&)"
      Offset: 390
      FindInstBLX: {SymPLT: "Content::isSideLoaded() const"}