Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
Feedback on kobo

I think everyone should send a message to Kobo on www.kobo.com, using the feedback button on the right of the screen. Mainly about adding the sd card slot back into kobo's and about releasing a kobo mini 2.
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I disagree
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher22 View Post
I think everyone should send a message to Kobo on www.kobo.com, using the feedback button on the right of the screen. Mainly about adding the sd card slot back into kobo's and about releasing a kobo mini 2.
I think both of these are no-hopers. Of course everyone has his own wishlist, but I'd save the feedback for where it might make a difference. Which could be nowhere.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Why? I'm not bothered about no SD card slot. My H2O has one and I've never used it.

As for another mini, Not for me. I find the screen too small. Besides, I have my iPhone 6s I can use to read.

Please ask for something that would benefit me and I'll think about it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:05 AM   #5
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Even assuming this worked and everyone here asked for it, unless Kobo saw sales reflecting that demand they’d be less likely to listen to the masses again.

I wouldn’t mind the return of the sd card slot but I’m not going to ask for it. Especially since I’ve got 32gb in my Forma now.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:50 PM   #6
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
both good idea's that will sadly fall on deaf ears at Kobo as well as in the main on here. in fairness to Kobo they do poor quality control continuity extremely well.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:59 PM   #7
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
both good idea's that will sadly fall on deaf ears at Kobo as well as in the main on here. in fairness to Kobo they do poor quality control continuity extremely well.

best wishes koboy
Yes they should absolutely give in to the demands of the minority which these requests clearly are. That they don’t means they’re terrible.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:24 PM   #8
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Yes they should absolutely give in to the demands of the minority which these requests clearly are. That they don’t means they’re terrible.
it's nice to know (you believe) you speak for the majority, who for all we/anyone on here know's could be quietly taking/sending their Kobo ereaders back.

i respectful suggest let's nip this in the bud before it even starts. you are entitled to your opinion as i am (mine)

best wishes koboy
Old 11-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Much as I like my PRS350 5", ANY eink is a niche. PDAs then phones & Tablets have always been more popular, because people have them ANYWAY. Not bought to read on.

The original reason for SD slots was that readers had 2G (less than that free). Actually some early readers had less than 0.3G free. With 8G and 32G, they will save the few cents.
Similarly people wanting to read at home rather than on the go will want 6", 7" 8" screens. If the 7" was cheaper the 6" screen could get dropped as 7" diagonal is similar to the common paperback text area. Next size up paperback is 8" diagonal text area.

The most popular Trade / POD size is about 9.5" text diagonal.

Note phones at 6" are taller aspect to suit video and holding on the go, hence a 7" phone tends to be Chocolate Bar shape, even longer but same width as some 5.5" phones.

Phones are the most popular way to read ebooks and will remain so. The eink is really for serious at home readers, reading for hours at a time, not a few minutes at a bus stop or coffee break in work.

They MIGHT take notice of suggestions on GUI changes on reading screen:
Add home & WiFi icons. The Kobo Touch has a home button. Getting to Home or turning off WiFi after search is now extra presses.

Or swapping Aa and Q search icons. Search is on the top on Home, Books and Collections and Aa used to be on the bottom.

Splitting Bookmarks (and icon) from Annotations/Highlights. That likely wouldn't annoy anyone and some people would like it more.

Since there are Page buttons on Libra & Forma and a Home on the Touch, why not have Home & Back buttons too? I can't see them bothering. The PRS350 had 5 buttons, however the Search and Options were maybe a waste on it, obviously pages and home needed.

There is little that needs changed on Libra/Forma to make them perfect. The case of Libra has some daft aspects, only in my opinion, but is better than Touch N905C or original Aura H2O (the bezel on the original H2O can peel at a corner).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #10
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
it's nice to know (you believe) you speak for the majority, who for all we/anyone on here know's could be quietly taking/sending their Kobo ereaders back.

i respectful suggest let's nip this in the bud before it even starts. you are entitled to your opinion as i am (mine)

best wishes koboy
It’s not an opinion that Amazon, BN, Kobo, Tolino, and most if not all other dedicated ereaders have dropped sd cards and have released multiple new models without them. If there was enough demand to merit them to add them back they would have.

You’re certainly entitled to believe an sd card slot should be reintroduced. But you’re asserting that all these companies dropped support for something that you claim a majority wants. The facts say otherwise.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #11
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
It’s not an opinion that Amazon, BN, Kobo, Tolino, and most if not all other dedicated ereaders have dropped sd cards and have released multiple new models without them. If there was enough demand to merit them to add them back they would have.

You’re certainly entitled to believe an sd card slot should be reintroduced. But you’re asserting that all these companies dropped support for something that you claim a majority wants. The facts say otherwise.
my apologies it seems we may have had our wires crossed. when i said you are entitled to your opinion as i am mine, i was specifically referring to (my belief) regarding Kobo's continued poor quality control.

i agree about the external SD card slot, all the main ereader companies (that had one in the first place) have (wrongly) in my opinion decided to do the cost cutting exercise/ do away with it, but just because they have done so doesn't mean it's a good idea, although it's obviously profitable for them.

best wishes koboy
Old 11-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #12
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
If the mini size reader had been a success, Kobo would have kept making them. Card slots as well...the majority of users don't want/need them. And you can't get the water resistance in readers with card slots.

It's not cost effective for companies to produce niche products. There will always be a minority or users who want them, but that doesn't make them profitable to produce.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #13
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
If the mini size reader had been a success, Kobo would have kept making them. Card slots as well...the majority of users don't want/need them. And you can't get the water resistance in readers with card slots.

It's not cost effective for companies to produce niche products. There will always be a minority or users who want them, but that doesn't make them profitable to produce.
i tend not to speak for what the majority may or may not want. i only speak for myself.

best wishes koboy
Old 11-09-2019, 02:06 PM   #14
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
i tend not to speak for what the majority may or may not want. i only speak for myself.

best wishes koboy
But you did ask the majority here to send a message to Kobo about the things you want. You asked the majority to speak for you. There is irony there.

Quote:
You didn't ask for opinions, you gave an order.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:12 PM   #15
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
But you did ask the majority here to send a message to Kobo about the things you want. You asked the majority to speak for you. There is irony there.

You didn't ask for opinions, you gave an order.
sorry (wrong person) that was christopher22 not me.

best wishes koboy

Tags
feedback, kobo mini 2, micro sd card slot