Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #1
MarkFalk
MarkFalk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 5.3.7.3
Smaller margins at kindle touch

Hello,

please apologize but English is not my native language and so is is really problematic understanding all the technical stuff.

I own a kindle touch model 001200 with firmware 5.3.7.3 which is the newest version, I assume.

I would really like to make the left and rigt margin smaller. The margin are at 7mm and this is really a waste of space.

I have tried to find a "manual" how to this in the web but w/o success. Means: I really don´t understand what I found in reg of this thematic.
MarkFalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
go to Settings, I think you have to open a book but no sure. Once you find them you can pick Narrow Margins & other setting. Keep in mind some are preset by the Publisher & cant be changes. At least for that book.

Manual is On the Kindle. Once you connect to WiFi look for ebooks Not Downloaded & DL it to the Kindle.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 03-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #3
MarkFalk
MarkFalk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 5.3.7.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Once you find them you can pick Narrow Margins & other setting.
Yes, I know this adjustment. But the 7mm are with the most right "smallest margin"-adjustment. I would like to minimize this size to 2mm.

In the web there are some discussions about a hack for reducing the margins after jailbreaking the kindle touch. Doing the jailbreak was no problem due to the clear and understandable explanations how to do this. But I do not understand how to do the hack for minimizing the margins.
MarkFalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFalk View Post
In the web there are some discussions about a hack for reducing the margins after jailbreaking the kindle touch. Doing the jailbreak was no problem due to the clear and understandable explanations how to do this. But I do not understand how to do the hack for minimizing the margins.
If you ask in the dev forum, someone will be able to offer advice.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote