Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #1
maranta
maranta began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Pocketbook Sense
POCKETBOOK INKPAD 3 PB740 touchscreen not working after firmware update

Hello, I have a brand new POCKETBOOK INKPAD 3 PB740. It was working fine when I first switched it on, the battery was full, I connected it to the PC and uploaded some books. And then I had a prompt to update to the newest firmware, so I downloaded it via WiFi and then started the update.

The problem is though that after it finished, on switching on the device, the touchscreen in not working at all. I read about the new feature to activate/deactivate the touch function, and tried double clicking the menu button, but it doesn't help. Moreover, this function should reset ro working touchscreen after turning the power off and on.

The device seems to react to buttons pressing - the on/off button, the light when I press the menu button, the forward and backward button, the home button brings up Task Manager, but I cannot enter anywhere.

I cannot make a factory reset, as when I connect it to the PC it goes to battery charging.

Any suggestions?
maranta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
First thing to try would be to double click the button on the utter right: It enables/disables the touchpad. Sorry, didn't read all through.

Last edited by Markismus; 12-10-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:36 PM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Download the update from the pocketbook side. Deflate it, put the swupdate.bin on a microsd card, insert it. Poweroff via longpress, start device with left&right&power pressed and go through update again.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #4
maranta

Thanks a lot, nhedgehog. I'll try it tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maranta View Post
Thanks a lot, nhedgehog. I'll try it tomorrow.
And ... is it working again?
Old 12-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #6
maranta

I was just going to do it, when my husband rang the maintenance firm and they said that - since it's under guarantee - they will reinstall it. He took it there yesterday and today it was ready and working just fine. But I will save your advice in case anything like this happens again.
Thank you once more!
Old 12-14-2019, 04:55 AM   #7
nhedgehog
Guru

Thanks for the update, good to hear your problem was solved.
I just wanted an update for those who are facing similiar problems.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:59 AM   #8
cathat
cathat began at the beginning.

Device: inkpad3
I need help...

I came across the same problem. It always happened that updating file's md5 number is wrong since once, meaning that it kept updating in failure. And after last time updating failed, its touchscreen was unuseful as same as yours. Also it could't enter the update page through pusing back and front button while it's being powered on even. There is no pb maintaince center at my location. I don't know how to do with it.
cathat is offline   Reply With Quote