Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-17-2019, 10:51 PM   #1
JimJoatMon
JimJoatMon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
HELP-Start Calibre-Server DOS Comand Line

I wish to start the Calibre-Server with a batch file on my Windows 10 machine. I do not want the main Calibre program to be running on this machine.

The contents of my batch file used to be:
calibre-server --port 2658 --with-library "D:\Calibre Library" --password xxxx --username yyyy

This no longer works with the newer version of Calibre. I have setup a "sharing over the internet" within Calibre and that works fine. I am assuming that the user/password is accessible to a command line launching of calibre-server and that I don't have create this single user again from the command line.

I have also set up port forwarding in my router.

When I launch Calibre-Server from command line I get:

calibre server listening on 0.0.0.0:8080
OPDS feeds advertised via BonJour at: 192.168.1.18 port: 8080

I have no idea what OPDS or BonJour mean, and I do see a switch to stop that,but what else do I need on the command line. To make this work?

So far I got:
calibre-server --port 2658 --enable-auth --disable-use-bonjour "D:\My Caibre Library"

Thanks,

Jim
JimJoatMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:02 AM   #2
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
calibre-server --port [port] --enable-auth --auth-mode basic --disable-use-bonjour "[Library]"

This works with me.

Last edited by nqk; 10-18-2019 at 12:08 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:10 PM   #3
JimJoatMon
JimJoatMon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
calibre-server --port [port] --enable-auth --auth-mode basic --disable-use-bonjour "[Library]"

This works with me.
Thanks I added --listen-on [Computer IP] and all is OK
I also had some problem with the Computer firewall, and that 'muddied the waters"

All is good!

calibre-server --port [port] --enable-auth --auth-mode basic--disable-use-bonjour --listen-on [Computer IP] "[Library]"
JimJoatMon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batch, calibre-server, command line