Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
cmroanirgo
cmroanirgo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Manual Page Numbering

Hi,
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering what the best way to embed page numbering information into the epub (and eventually mobi) format?

To clarify, I have converted a doc to an epub (and later to mobi, for kindle devices) and would like the page number information in the original doc to be kept.

...and I do not mind doing this manually.

I've looked and I've googled, but not actually found any way to control 'how' to specify the page numbers in an epub (and a mobi)...

Any help appreciated,
Craig.
cmroanirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmroanirgo View Post
I was wondering what the best way to embed page numbering information into the epub (and eventually mobi) format?

To clarify, I have converted a doc to an epub (and later to mobi, for kindle devices) and would like the page number information in the original doc to be kept.
I don't believe there is one universal way of doing what you want in either epub or mobi formats. Since ereaders are various shapes and sizes and use varying software to read the books, consistent page numbering has yet to float to the surface. ADE does provide a page-mapping scheme, but it isn't universal.

Good Luck in your quest.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-08-2011 at 05:52 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, kindle, page number