Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-27-2018, 09:36 AM   #196
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Go for it! The last time I read over 100 in a year was 2011. I'm well on track to make it again this year (84 already ), and in fact heading for a personal best. Only problem is I have a new job that involves 12 hour days, and my reading time has been cut from about an hour a day to about 10-15 minutes, so my rate of reading is going to drop dramatically. Still, I'll easily make the 100 mark.
Thanks. I'll be finishing up #55 today, so I am cruising right along towards #100 .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:30 PM   #197
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I'm sitting at 89 books right now, so in good shape on numbers. But I'm definitely falling behind on $$ spent and TBR reduction. This New Leaf Book Club is leading to all sorts of new book discoveries! And I blame issybird -- it's all her fault!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:33 PM   #198
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm only at 73 books read, but I expect to significantly increase the total over the next couple of weeks on holiday!

TBR stands at +17 for the year.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:29 PM   #199
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm only at 73 books read, but I expect to significantly increase the total over the next couple of weeks on holiday!

TBR stands at +17 for the year.
My TBR is +2 Million or so. I'm totally out of control and need to rein it in somehow, but not doing well at it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #200
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've had a good month: 10 books finished with a total of 4183 pages, which is 300 pages over my average for July. So far this year I'm slightly behind average, around 500 pages. Not a huge number, as long as I don't get any unexpected slumps I should be able to make up for it. Especially since I still have two weeks of house sitting to do and one week away at a vacation park in November planned.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:35 AM   #201
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
The month of April is over, and I have read 42 books so far in this year. Fair enough, against my estimated target of 80 books. Sigh. I guess I'll reach the mark if everything goes well. I'm particularly happy on my buying performance so far, only 4 ebooks and 2 pbooks. I even collected only 2 freebies up till now. I have also succeeded to read varieties of genres this year including humor and politics, which I normally do not read much. But, despite my best efforts, I could not start listening to audibles yet. Hope I get more time and mood in the next months.

My TBR is fairly reduced to 852 Ebooks, 16 Pbooks, 32 in Wish list.
27 books finished after April. Thus making a total of 69 for this year. Not a bad progress against my target of 80. I'll comfortably reach the mark and even go on to extend my target to 90, if I find enough reading time in the winters (which I am highly suspicious about).

I bought only two ebooks in last quarter, bravo!

TBR stands at 828 ebooks and 15 pbooks. 30 in wishlist.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:46 AM   #202
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I've been reading a ton of fluffy Kindle Unlimited and romance books, which is good for my overall book numbers, but isn't doing much for my "real" reading. My excuse is that I got a new puppy back in June, and the time that I used to spend reading is now spent keeping him busy (just like all those years I had a toddler and didn't get much reading done! LOL)

Fortunately, I can still read during lunch, when I'm working, but I don't want to read anything to involved -- since I sometimes have a hard time stopping when I'm too deep into a book -- so my list is getting filled with quick reads that I can easily break from. I have four books in my "currently reading list" that I haven't actually started, but I *would*, if I could work in the time for them.

With that said, at 67 books Goodreads says I am six books ahead of schedule, so I guess I'm doing pretty good with my imaginary challenge. (I picked 105 books, which is somewhere between my "typical average of books read" and my "highest ever number of books read" tallies.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #203
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I killed in July, finishing 11 books. Already finished 2 in August as well.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #204
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I killed in July, finishing 11 books. Already finished 2 in August as well.
11 books! Wow wish I could read that many. I usually manage 4 or 5 a month. Reading my 28th of the year now.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #205
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Goals:

Total Books: 50 (stretch goal of 100) | Total Pages: 25,000 | TBR Reduction: 25 (stretch goal of 50)
Read at least 51% non-American authors | Read more female/gender-fluid authors than male | Read at least 52 short stories | Read at least 10 of the New Leaf Book Club selections | Complete a re-read of the Pevear and Volokhonsky translation of War and Peace

Aggregate Totals (Updated through July):
  • 84 books - 168% of my goal (84% of stretch goal) - on target; might expand again
  • 50 short stories - 96% of my goal - on target
  • 25,855 pages - 103% of my goal - GOAL MET
  • 53% female/nonbinary authors / 47% male authors - on target
  • 49% US authors (down from 51%) / 51% non-US authors (up from 49%) - on target
  • 206 of 365 chapters of War and Peace complete - on target
  • TBR Reduction: Reduced by 37 - 136% of my goal (74% of stretch goal) - on target
  • New Leaf Book Club selections - 7 for 7 - on target

It was a rough month for me with a very sick little furbaby, but it looks like all my goals will still be coming together for the end of the year. I've already started thinking about next year!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #206
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I read 5 books in July, but August looks like I'm falling behind already. I still need to select a fantasy book for my fantasy challenge. Must be the heat. In stead of reading more I'm reading less this month.

Last edited by Wearever; 08-10-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #207
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I read 5 books in July, but August looks like I'm falling behind already. I still need to select a fantasy book for my fantasy challenge. Must be the heat. In stead of reading more I'm reading less this month.
If you aren't limiting yourself to high fantasy or are willing to stretch for a little science fiction, the Literary Book Club is reading Clifford Simak's City for August.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:57 AM   #208
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
If you aren't limiting yourself to high fantasy or are willing to stretch for a little science fiction, the Literary Book Club is reading Clifford Simak's City for August.
Thanks astrangerhere ! I looked up the book( City ) and it came up fantasy\ Science fiction. So it would work for my fantasy challenge too. It looks interesting. So I'll read it with the Literary Club
Old 08-31-2018, 08:36 AM   #209
Wearever
Wizard

I've read four books for August, including City for my fantasy challenge.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:15 AM   #210
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Goals:

Total Books: 50 (stretch goal of 100) | Total Pages: 25,000 | TBR Reduction: 25 (stretch goal of 50)
Read at least 51% non-American authors | Read more female/gender-fluid authors than male | Read at least 52 short stories | Read at least 10 of the New Leaf Book Club selections | Complete a re-read of the Pevear and Volokhonsky translation of War and Peace

Aggregate Totals (Updated through August):
  • 94 books - 188% of my goal (94% of stretch goal) - on target
  • 52 short stories - 100% of my goal - GOAL MET
  • 25,855 pages - 103% of my goal - GOAL MET
  • 52% female/nonbinary authors / 48% male authors - on target
  • 50% US authors / 50% non-US authors - on target
  • 224 of 365 chapters of War and Peace complete - off target and hoping to catch up over the holiday weekend!
  • TBR Reduction: Reduced by 46 - 184% of my goal (92% of stretch goal) - on target
  • New Leaf Book Club selections - 8 for 8 - on target

Nice to change another category to goal met!