Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #16
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
PORTAL enjoyed by everyone!

ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PORTAL made the 50 best rated indie authors in the Kindle Store list on

ireaderreview.com : http://ireaderreview.com/2010/05/08/...re/#more-11712
Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #18
dfigueroa
La Guera en Manzanillo
dfigueroa is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2 Global
I was one of the lucky people who grabbed Portal when it was an uber-bargain. LOVED it and can't wait for the sequel. And it's not even my genre. I finished it in about 2 days..gripping to say the least. I would have been happy with it even at 9.99.
dfigueroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #19
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfigueroa View Post
I was one of the lucky people who grabbed Portal when it was an uber-bargain. LOVED it and can't wait for the sequel. And it's not even my genre. I finished it in about 2 days..gripping to say the least. I would have been happy with it even at 9.99.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #20
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Can't help sharing this wonderful Mother's day card with you:

Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #21
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle
Hi, Imogen,

I bought Portal a couple of days ago. Can't wait to read it.

~Donna~
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #22
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Thanks, Donna! Hope you enjoy it.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #23
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Erm..
Can anyone tell me how to go about getting this book in epub format for my Sony Reader?
Is it still a Kindle only thing?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #24
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Erm..
Can anyone tell me how to go about getting this book in epub format for my Sony Reader?
Is it still a Kindle only thing?
Ditto!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #25
ImogenRose
PORTAL

AprilHare and cfrizz, I must apologize for how long it's taking me to do this. When I uploaded my book to Smashwords, the formatting looked awful, so I withdrew the book. I need to work on that and will get back to it once I get the sequel in to my editor (by the end of the month). In the meantime, I will be happy to send you both out complimentary paperback versions. Just message me, if you would like those. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #26
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
I thought it very good, no need for me to add the qualifier "for a first novel". Interesting characters I could care about; intriguing plot. It's written mostly in first-person from Arizona's perspective with some occasional third-person interludes, mostly from her mother's viewpoint. Breaking away from a first-person story like that usually annoys me. It didn't this time. Nicely done. I look forward to reading the next in the series.

I did balk at one incident in the story. Blame my SF-loving mother, who had me reading and discussing things like Isaac Asimov's The End of Eternity by the age of ten, for instigating and encouraging my growth into a nitpicky science fiction geek . Portal's author was kind enough to respond to my PM and address my concerns in a non-spoiler manner. Isn't it great to have active authors here at MobileRead?

Guys, don't get put off by the mention of "Romance" in the title of this thread. It's not Harlequin-style sweaty beefcake stuff. "Girl Meets Boy" is an important integral part of the story, but far from the only important part. The whole thing doesn't revolve around the romance -- in fact, the story would work fine with the romance removed (but be poorer for it; I liked how it was done).

I enjoyed it. Thank you, Imogen Rose.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:52 AM   #27
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Dellaster, thank you so much for taking the time to review my story. I really appreciate it. I am glad you enjoyed it! I have just finished the first draft of the sequel....

Imogen
Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #28
ImogenRose
PORTAL

I am running a contest on my FB site at the moment, check it out to win a special edition (38/100), signed, hardback copy of PORTAL.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PORTAL...4017116?ref=ts
Old 05-28-2010, 02:28 AM   #29
ImogenRose
PORTAL

A little teaser from the sequel, EQUILIBRIUM

It’s not everyday you see a naked body by the side of the road. Especially not in Mountain View. A naked body slumped by the trees. Sally wondered if she had imagined it. After all, the car beam had hit it just for a second.....
Old 05-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #30
ImogenRose
PORTAL

I am a bit overwhelmed. Dellaster read about my technical issues with converting PORTAL to the epub and other formats in this thread. He messaged me, offering to help me do this. I know how much time this takes to do, it took me ages to try to get it right for the Kindle. How awesome is he? I have no words. Thank you so much, you are a star!