Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
slaw63
slaw63 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
New guy needs help

Hello all.I know this is my first post but i need help.I have a Sony PRS_300.It was working fine until today.Everytime i try to move a book from my reader software to the book it says The ebook cannot be tranferred because th ereader is authorized to another user.Now i guess its my fault because i cant remember passwords for adobe or email id,s.How can i sort this out.Thanks
slaw63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Well... you need to know your password to do anything.

Where did you buy the books from? Are there alot of them? Your best bet is to tell them that you goofed... set up another Adobe ID (and write it down or something) and ask the store to reset the ebooks so you can re-d/l them again to your new Adobe ID.

Also, check out lastpass.com for a free server that will create and remember passwords for you. I don't know what I would do without it. (with this tool you only have to remember 1 password... it is the last password you need to remember, get it?)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
slaw63
slaw63 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
thanks
slaw63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
Bartosz
Bartosz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
Hi Guys.

I have the same problem.
I didn't know how it works, and in hurry opened my ebook on my work PC, I even don't remember did I enter some details or not. I was just so happy that I have my first ebook.

And now I'm fucked!

Finnaly I created Adobe account and have Adobe ID, but when I authorize my computer with details that I have created, I can't open my ebook or copy to the reader..

Please help!

Is there some way that I can check user name or email to which ADE or ebook is assigned?
I'm afraid that it's assigned only to my work PC, and there is no way that I can do enything.

Please help me, it's me first time against ADE and ebooks.

Thank You in advance.

Regards,
Bartosz.
Bartosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@bartoz... I would contact the store and tell them you made a mistake and ask if they could reset the authentication on that book and allow you to re-download it.

BOb
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
Bartosz

@pilotbob, thank You I'll try.

Regards,
Bartosz.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
Bartosz

sorry for next post

@pilotbob can You tell me please how does it work.

If I have opened me ebook on ADE, is it possible the I didn't enter Adobe ID (details), and did't authorize my computer?

If yes it means that my ebook is assigned to my PC?

Thank You,
Bartosz
Old 01-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, there is such a thing as an anonymous authorization. If you haven't set up an Adobe ID and authorized your PC to that account, and you buy an ebook ADE (and/or Sony ebook library) creates an id for you using credentials created based on your specific PC. Any books you buy with this anonymous ID will only work on that single PC.

I'm pretty sure this is how Jim Lester from Adobe explained it in another thread when another user had the same problem.

BOb
Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
Bartosz

Is there some way that I can check if ebook is assigned to any Adobe ID or to my PC.

It will help me to explain what happened when I'll send email to sore where I bought me ebook.

Thank's,
Bartosz.