Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
garce
garce began at the beginning.

Device: sRedaer 500
Question about DRM and Sony Ereader 500

Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum. I've been reading ebooks for a long time. I work for the army, and the army has a large online library of ebooks in the DRM PDF format usually read under the infamous Adobe Digital Editions. I've heard these can be loaded onto Sony EReaders and made portable for the duration of the check out time.

I have a question which I'm sure has been posted many times, here it is again -

I can get a used Sony eReader 500 on Ebay much cheaper than I can get a 505 or the much coveted 700. I know the 505 and 700 can read DRM PDFs.

Can a Sony Ereader 500 load and play a DRM PDF ebook?

Garce
garce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Garce and welcome to MobileRead. I don't think the 500 can read ADE books but I can tell you from experience the 505 sure can. It doesn't reflow real well but it is readable. And you may be able to get a decent price at the PX.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, garce!

If you want to learn more about the Sony 500, check out the Wiki page that has ebook comparisons. I have the 700 and love it but I don't read any pdf files on it. Good luck!

Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello garce, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome_009.gif
Views:	304
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	32872 to Mobileread.

I have both a 500 and a 505.

. . . and yes, what they said . . . doesn't work on a 500 . . . does on a 505.

Click image for larger version

Name:	good luck blue.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	32874
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Welcome!
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
ccpraveen
Site: tinyurl.com/bukworm
ccpraveen has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle, Bluefire Reader
Warm Welcome to MobileRead,garce, you will like it here..

Dave

Last edited by ccpraveen; 07-26-2009 at 10:19 PM.
ccpraveen is offline   Reply With Quote