Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Android App/Readers Hub - Android devices

Not sure this is the best place to ask, but hopefully someone can answer

Just got an android phone and it came with an app called Readers Hub which allows me to sign into kobo and read all my books from it

Is this the best way to do it, or would it be better downloading the Kobo app (assuming they are 2 different things)

Thanks
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The only "Readers Hub" app I can think of is the one from Samsung which originally came out for the Galaxy Tab and was similar to the reading app shipped with the Kobo Vox which some folks prefer to the plain Kobo app. Never heard of it beyond that, but assuming you have a Samsung phone maybe it's shipping on new phones too? My phone (Galaxy S) doesn't have it, but I've had the phone for almost a year.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

its the galaxy s2 that I have, the readers app is a central hub for Press Reader, Kobo & Zinio

looks quite good, but unsure how it compares to the actual apps, will do some more checking

Thanks
Old 03-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
The actual Kobo app is garbage, so if you can read your books another way then that's great!
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
paulsalter
Fanatic

Thanks, this built in one works fine, none of the added extras like the iOS version (awards, pulse), just reading and syncing of books

wont be using it much, just for times when I dont have my reader with me
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
buggerme
buggerme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I think Aldiko is just about the only app you need for reading apps on Android devices. I believe in choice so you can look up your favorite here
Best Android eBook Readers
buggerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
paulsalter
Fanatic

thanks for the suggestion, have looked at aldiko and it does seem good

After testing the apps, I have gone for the basic android kobo app as this looks most like what I am used to, now have my Vox, Android Phone & iPod Touch all syncing with my books, hopefully I will always have one of these devices with me