Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #646
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
I was trying a few combinations before, and it turns out that c1auto30 works for 30% off.
Wow, nice catch! Another one to add to the list.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #647
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
I just tried c2auto30 (previously expired 30% off) and it works again.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #648
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Just saw mar16ca20 on Kobo's website. Presumably all the normal variants work as well.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #649
riverlily
Enthusiast
riverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony eReader PR350
mar16ca20 Expires: March 19th, 2012. 11:59 PM EST =]
riverlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #650
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverlily View Post
mar16ca20 Expires: March 19th, 2012. 11:59 PM EST =]
Thanks for adding the expiry date, I always forget to do that. :P

I've also confirmed that all the normal ones also work (ie. mar16us20, mar16uk20, mar16au20, and mar16row20). "nz" and "ww" do not work this time, as normal.

I would actually remove "ww" from the OP, I've had a Kobo since Christmas Day and not had a single code work with "ww". There has at least been one "nz" code in that time.
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #651
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
Thanks for adding the expiry date, I always forget to do that. :P

I've also confirmed that all the normal ones also work (ie. mar16us20, mar16uk20, mar16au20, and mar16row20). "nz" and "ww" do not work this time, as normal.

I would actually remove "ww" from the OP, I've had a Kobo since Christmas Day and not had a single code work with "ww". There has at least been one "nz" code in that time.
I have added the code to the OP and removed ww from the list.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #652
catwomanau
Kobo Touch Newbie
catwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austencatwomanau has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0AT View Post
14 March 2012 - Currently active discount codes:

Welcome20 (20% off)
Kobodollaroff ($1 off)
JUNE20OFF (20% off)
save20offer (20% off)
survey25 (25% off)
c1auto25 (25% off)
thankyou2012 (35% off)
c1auto30 (30% off)
c4auto40 (40% off)
mar16ca20 (20% off - Exp. Mar. 19)

Unless otherwise noted, codes are good for one use per account.

NOTE 1: You do have to make sure that you are buying a non-agency book. Agency books generally have only one price listed. If a book has two prices, it is not subject to Agency price fixing and will usually/always work with coupons.

NOTE 2: For codes containing "ca", "us", "au", "uk", or "row", simply interchange those letter codes depending on your location (ww means "worldwide" I believe). Each of these can be used to turn a one-time use code into a multi-use code.
I cannot thank you enough! I just got one of my pathophysiology text ebooks for AU$27.11!!!
catwomanau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #653
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
I have added the code to the OP and removed ww from the list.
Sounds great G0AT, and thank you for maintaining this thread!

BTW, there is still this reference "(ww means "worldwide" I believe)", despite "ww" having been removed from the list.

Last edited by scrapking; 03-17-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #654
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
Sounds great G0AT, and thank you for maintaining this thread!

BTW, there is still this reference "(ww means "worldwide" I believe)", despite "ww" having been removed from the list.
LOL, pure laziness on my part.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #655
Wasgo
Connoisseur
Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi
Just used c3auto35 for 35% off.
Wasgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #656
Shankill
Nameless Being

c2auto35 and c4auto35 also seem to work for 35% off.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #657
scrapking
Evangelist

Several codes I've previously used seem to have been reset and are usable for me again. Specifically they are:

c1auto25
JUNE20OFF
Welcome20
Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #658
Shankill
Nameless Being

c2auto25 for 25% off has also been reset, apparently.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #659
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
I love that you keep this thread up to date. To bad I had not looked last night I could have used the 35% one for the Hunger Games for my grandaughter instead of only 20%. Oh well live and learn

Again thanks for keeping this up.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #660
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
LOL, pure laziness on my part.
LOL, well then all the more thanks for maintaining this thread for so long!

Here's your current "NOTE 1" in the OP:

Quote:
NOTE 1: You do have to make sure that you are buying a non-agency book. Agency books generally have only one price listed. If a book has two prices, it is not subject to Agency price fixing and will usually/always work with coupons.
Here's a suggested revision:

Quote:
NOTE 1: You do have to make sure that you are buying a non-agency book. Agency books generally have only one price listed. If a book has two prices, it is not subject to Agency price fixing and will usually/always work with coupons. E-books with only one price, that nonetheless are non-agency and will therefore work with discount codes, include most graphic novels, most "Just for Kobo Vox" e-books, most very inexpensive books (ie. $0.95 to $2.99), and any books by very small/niche publishers.
A bit wordier, but worth noting IMO. Some of the graphic novels with just one price are rather expensive, too. "The Darkness Compendium" is $29.99, but I bought it with a 35% off code (saving me over $10). Not chump change, and many people wouldn't even think to try as only one price is listed for that e-book. Ditto with some of the more expensive Just for Kobo Vox e-books that aren't graphic novels, many list only one price, some are quite expensive, but almost all are from smaller, non-agency publishers. I have yet to see a $2.99 e-book from an agency publisher on Kobo, and those cheaper e-books are a great opportunity to use some of the smaller codes (10% off, 20% off, $1 off, etc.), letting you save the 25-40% off codes for more expensive e-books.

If you use the $1 off code to buy a $0.95 e-book, BTW, Kobo does not pay you five cents to take it, in case you were wondering.

Last edited by scrapking; 03-21-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals