Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Some e-reader news...

If this is old news, my apologies.

First, a solar powered cover for the Kindle Touch...

http://www.paramuspost.com/article.p...20402163236951

Next, a Nook Audio...

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...ital+Reader%29
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Talking Forgive me, gentle reader....

I'm very sorry about this, as the vernacular may be familiar to mainly UK members , but I am human, a simple being, I weep, I cry .......... and I just can't resist it .................

This all sounds like a proposition for a Touch of Nooky .....

This being a family site, I dare not grant enlightenment ......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
The imbedded video links to Google Play. The YouTube version is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GdZxbmEHW7M

Maybe a new tablet of some kind?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Kinda curious as to just what the Nook Audio thing is going to be. Some add-on, or a whole new device?
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
The imbedded video links to Google Play. The YouTube version is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GdZxbmEHW7M

Maybe a new tablet of some kind?
Hey, that Rubik's Cube has more than 9 red squares. What gives?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From the product page:

Quote:
NOOK Audio OE250

by Barnes & Noble

Product Details

ISBN-13: 9780594478942
Manufacturer: Barnes & Noble
Publication date: 4/1/2012
... See more details below
April Fools???
Old 04-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #7
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
From the product page:

April Fools???
We can only watch the skies and wonder.

(maybe those guys from the dark side of the moon)
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #8
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
From the product page:

April Fools???
Doh!

Page is still there though, maybe it is real?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Yeah, does that mean we have to stay fooled for all of April ?

Tricky .... for some.....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I don't know if this was an April fool joke, but it looks like one.

April 1st is a nuisance. I once gave someone a genuine card telling him how much I liked him on April 1st!! Assume he thought it was a joke because I was young and gorgeous at the time, but I never saw him again.
This year I reported one of my cats missing to various lost and found websites on April 1st. She was genuinely missing, but has now come home.

Oh, the curse of April the first.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #11
VaporPunk
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
This year I reported one of my cats missing to various lost and found websites on April 1st. She was genuinely missing, but has now come home.
Glad to hear yer critter is safe and sound!

Not an April Fool's joke, btw. Neither is it an e-reader...
http://www.trademarkia.com/nook-audio-85543671.html
I need to be more careful.

In other non-breaking news, has anybody seen this?
http://indiebookspot.com/2012/03/31/...ook-in-europe/

Nook coming to Europe? Again, if this is old news, ignore.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
Not an April Fool's joke, btw. Neither is it an e-reader...
http://www.trademarkia.com/nook-audio-85543671.html
I need to be more careful.
Companies frequently trademark names for possible future use. No guarantee they'll ever be used; but in case they're needed, they'll already have them instead of trying to buy the rights later.

I'm not saying this is definitely an April Fools joke; but we won't know until either the device is produced or the website goes down for good.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thank you VaporPunk. I'm so glad she's well and alive; the cats are now grounded for a week minimum!

I could talk cat forever, but I'll reserve that for the cat forums and friends. (imagine cute cat emoticon).
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:03 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Nook Audio finally revealed. Just headphones and earbuds.

NOOK Audio OE250 - headphones ($50)

NOOK Audio IE250 - earbuds ($20)
Old 04-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #15
VaporPunk
Evangelist

Quote:
Nook Audio finally revealed. Just headphones and earbuds.

NOOK Audio OE250 - headphones ($50)

NOOK Audio IE250 - earbuds ($20)

Thanks Tubemonkey, I need to be more careful before posting "news". I thought it might be an e-reader with an audiobook "specialty" (enhanced speakers or something). How I came to that conclusion, I just don't remember... Damn internets...