Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Uses for the volume wheel on PP

This is probably not news to most of you experienced V5 users.
I have very small hands and have been thinking of a way to turn pages without using my second hand (which is usually busy petting one of my cats). Of, course, you can plug the earphones in and then have the reader automatically change pages. I also found that in the lBOOK firmware by Buggins, you can assign pressing the little knobby thing on the volume wheel to change pages. My fingers just make it to press the knob, and voila, one-handed page turning.
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
This is probably not news to most of you experienced V5 users.
I have very small hands and have been thinking of a way to turn pages without using my second hand (which is usually busy petting one of my cats). Of, course, you can plug the earphones in and then have the reader automatically change pages. I also found that in the lBOOK firmware by Buggins, you can assign pressing the little knobby thing on the volume wheel to change pages. My fingers just make it to press the knob, and voila, one-handed page turning.
That is the stock functionality in the Astak, Lbook firmware.

Pressing IN = Menu
Flicking up/down = Page turns

Some Astak FW updates changed some of this when Music is playing ( I am using older Lbook FW for the delete feature.).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is the stock functionality in the Astak, Lbook firmware.

Pressing IN = Menu
Flicking up/down = Page turns

Some Astak FW updates changed some of this when Music is playing ( I am using older Lbook FW for the delete feature.).
I changed it so that pressing in now changes the page (forward) because pressing in is just possible, reaching enough with my fingers to completely flick the wheel down is not.
On the latest official Ukraine firmware (dated 19 July I believe), the pressing in function was not assigned...
Although the PP has been almost attached to my hip for the past months, I am amazed at still finding unexplored options, what a great device!
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote