Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-06-2024, 11:51 AM   #7981
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
The "exclusive" Moorcock novella has since been reworked into his latest Elric novel, The Citadel of Forgotten Myths, IIRC.
And the Garth Nix story is in the collection I posted a few months ago, etc.

To celebrate the release of the final book in Richard Swan's law-themed epic fantasy Empire of the Wolf, book #2 The Tyranny of Faith $3 in the US (Kobo, Amazon)
The first book The Justice of Kings is also on sale for the same price.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:56 AM   #7982
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jaeth's Eye: Legacy of the Lost Mage Book 1, aka The Agartes Epilogues by K.S. Villoso is FREE on Kobo US and Amazon.com

Books 2 and 3 are also on sale.
Quote:
A hero's daughter is caught between two brothers and a war involving a witch's beast.

From the author of the critically acclaimed The Wolf of Oren-yaro, rediscover the epic adventure that pits old legacies against a necromancer's beast in a tale praised for its complex narrative, character development, rich worldbuilding, and a riveting conclusion.

Sume Kaggawa promised her father a dragon. Abandoned by an older brother who dreamed of grand adventures, she is the only hope left for a family fallen on hard times. A deal with a shadowy mage traps her in a conspiracy between greedy merchants and forgotten kings. For the chance to revive her family name and be everything her brother could never be, Sume must sign away her life and freedom--or forever doom her bloodline to failure. Meanwhile, the mercenary Kefier finds himself chased down by former associates after a botched job leaves his friend dead. Already once branded a murderer, he crosses paths with his friend’s sister Sume and the merchant-mage, Ylir. Their intertwined fates brings them to the crux of a conflict with the first fire-breathing dragon seen in the continent for decades. But the dragon may very well not be a dragon, but a demon hell-bent on corrupting those in its path...including the three running head-first into it.

The 5th Anniversary Edition of the debut trilogy from the author of the critically acclaimed The Wolf of Oren-yaro rediscovers the epic fantasy adventure that pits old legacies against a necromancer's beast in a tale praised for its complex narrative, character development, rich worldbuilding, and a riveting conclusion.
Advert
Old 02-08-2024, 11:56 AM   #7983
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Brain Wave by Poul Anderson is $2 at Amazon, B&N and Kobo US.

This is an Open Road book, so it's not uncommon for it to be on sale. But I read the book years back and really enjoyed it. A neat and different sci-fi book.

Quote:
“A panoramic story of what happens to a world gone super intelligent” (Astounding Science Fiction).

With “wonderfully logical detail . . . exciting storytelling and moving characterization” (Anthony Boucher), science fiction master Poul Anderson explores what happens when the next stage of evolution is thrust upon humanity and animals. As Earth passes out of a magnetic field that has suppressed intelligence for eons, the mental capacity for all mammals increases exponentially, radically changing the structures of society.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 04:20 AM   #7984
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Master of the Five Magics by Lyndon Hardy is just £0.78 at Amazon UK at the moment: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01L5VB31C

I've read this a couple of times in paperback, and I'm delighted to have an ebook copy. While it is the first in a series, the series are all stand-alone novels. As I remember it, this is a complete story, and you aren't left hanging half-way through a plot.

If you like magic systems, I recommend this book. First published in 1980.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 10:13 AM   #7985
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The books that have been on my wishlist for a while have been there for a very long time. It's obvious both that they're never going to get cheaper and that they're not worth it to me at the given price, to the extent that every now and then I go in and purge the oldest.

I have plenty to read and I'm lucky that overall I'm not invested in any particular author or series or topic; in the rare instances where I am, I just pay the going price.

ETA: Oops, I just saw this is the SF thread. I don't read SF, but I'll let my comment stand as I think it's a universal issue.
How about borrowing library eBooks?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2024, 10:22 AM   #7986
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I still pick up the odd indie freebie, but I can't usually vouch for the quality. Just yesterday I found one of my wishlist had gone free at Amazon UK, and it looks like it still is - Ghosts of Tomorrow by Michael R Fletcher ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghosts-Tomo.../dp/B06VTF9BSG ).
It's not free now. But it is available on Kindle Unlimited.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 11:20 AM   #7987
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
There is a Humble Bundle out right now for romantic fantasy dramatized audiobooks, by Graphic Audio. These are not standard audiobooks, read by a narrator or narrators, but are more like dramatized adaptions or audio screenplays. I have a few GA books and have liked them. The titles lean, IMO, a bit more towards the romance, so I posted there, but I've seen some of the authors on this thread too, so here's a cross-post link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4396880

I haven't yet bought/tried to download, and I'm in the US anyway, but judging by the discussion for the last bundle , I'm sure folks on here will figure out all the details and post if it's complicated.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 11:51 AM   #7988
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
There is a Humble Bundle out right now for romantic fantasy dramatized audiobooks, by Graphic Audio. These are not standard audiobooks, read by a narrator or narrators, but are more like dramatized adaptions or audio screenplays. I have a few GA books and have liked them. The titles lean, IMO, a bit more towards the romance, so I posted there, but I've seen some of the authors on this thread too, so here's a cross-post link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4396880

I haven't yet bought/tried to download, and I'm in the US anyway, but judging by the discussion for the last bundle , I'm sure folks on here will figure out all the details and post if it's complicated.
I can recommend the 2 Gunnie Rose by Charlaine Harris (An Easy Death and A Longer Fall), and the 2 Innkeeper by Ilona Andrews (Clean Sweep and Sweep in Peace), although the latter is more romance-adjacent rather than science fantasy. The other authors I've generally never heard of.

Unfortunately, with only 4 titles I'm interested in, the bundle isn't really worth it for me; I don't really go for audio titles.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 12:37 PM   #7989
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Brambles is, per its blurb, a short story set in this same world. It's free right now at Kindle US and UK.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LSFTTLD
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08LSFTTLD

Spoiler:
Quote:
In the kingdom of Adania, everyone knows what Princess Alyrra did to earn the court's contempt, her mother's disdain, and her brother's hatred. She betrayed her own. Yet, the truth hides another story, one of honor and honesty, of a princess gambling her own life for another's. It's a tale of courage and consequences, and a choice that can never be undone. A short story prequel to her multi-starred fantasy, Thorn, Intisar Khanani's "Brambles" gives Alyrra's account of what really happened all those years ago, and how a few critical days turned her life into a daily fight for survival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post

{edited other book}

Thorn by Intisar Khanani is $2.99 on all major US and Canadian stores.
First in a series, but a standalone. A retelling of the Goose Girl by the Brothers Grimm. Described by the author as a "story of sorcery, betrayal, and finding the strength to chart your own course".
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 05:06 AM   #7990
salty-horse
Wizard

The Navigating Fox by Christopher Rowe is $3 in the US (Kobo, Amazon)
Novella.
Quote:
Quintus Shu'al, the world's only navigating fox, is in disgrace after guiding an expedition to its doom, leaving no survivors. One year later, Quintus is offered the chance to redeem himself: he will need to lead a motley, fractious team—both human and animal—all the way to the gates of Hell.
Old 02-12-2024, 04:16 AM   #7991
salty-horse
Wizard

Stormsong (The Kingston Cycle #2) by C. L. Polk is $3 in the US (Kobo, Amazon)
Edwardian England fantasy romance. Sequel to Witchmark, which Tor.com gave away in 2019 and again in 2022.

Last edited by salty-horse; 02-12-2024 at 04:28 AM.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:50 AM   #7992
salty-horse
Wizard

Bridge by Lauren Beukes is $3 on Amazon.com
Quote:
A grieving daughter’s search for her mother becomes a journey across alternate realities.

There are infinite realities. She's looking for one . . .

Twenty-four-year-old Bridge is paralyzed by choices: all the other lives she could have lived, the decisions she could have made. And now, who she should be in the wake of her mother’s unexpected death.

Jo was a maverick neuroscientist fixated on an artifact she called the “dreamworm” that she believed could open the doors to other worlds. It was part of Jo’s grand delusion, her sickness, and it cost her everything, including her relationship with her daughter.

But in packing up Jo’s house, Bridge discovers Jo’s obsession hidden amongst her things. And the dreamworm works, exactly the way it’s supposed to, the way Bridge remembers from when she was a little girl. Suddenly Bridge can step into other realities, otherselves. In one of them, could she find out what really happened to her mother? What Bridge doesn’t know is that there are others hunting for the dreamworm—who will kill to get their hands on it.

Bridge is a highly original, reality-bending thrill-ride that could only have come from the brilliant mind of award-winning novelist, Lauren Beukes, about mothers and daughters, hunters and seekers, and who we each choose to be.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:43 AM   #7993
salty-horse
Wizard

Doors of Sleep by Tim Pratt is $2 on Amazon.com
First in a series.
Quote:
What would you do if you woke up and found yourself in a parallel universe under an alien sky? This is the question Zax Delatree must answer every time he closes his eyes.

Every time Zax Delatree falls asleep, he travels to a new reality. He has no control over his destination and never knows what he will see when he opens his eyes. Sometimes he wakes up in technological utopias, and other times in the bombed-out ruins of collapsed civilizations. All he has to live by are his wits and the small aides he has picked up along the way - technological advantages from techno-utopias, sedatives to escape dangerous worlds, and stimulants to extend his stay in pleasant ones.

Thankfully, Zax isn't always alone. He can take people with him, if they're unconscious in his arms when he falls asleep. But someone unwelcome is on his tail, and they are after something that Zax cannot spare - the blood running through his veins, the power to travel through worlds...
Old 02-13-2024, 05:21 AM   #7994
salty-horse
Wizard

The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. III: Conrad's Fate and The Pinhoe Egg by by Diana Wynne Jones is $2 in the US (Kobo, Amazon)
Vol. I was previously on sale, still waiting for II.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:25 AM   #7995
salty-horse
Wizard

Angry Robot offers 25% off everything on their store with the coupon VALENTINES
https://angryrobotbooks.com/books/