Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Joe R Lansdale

Anytbody else think that joe lansdale is an amazing author? i think he's one of the best when it comes to dialogue. he has two great characters, hap collins and leonard pine, and he's written numerous books about them. he's prolific, he writes about anything and everything, and he's also pretty accessible via facebook.

one of my favorite authors of all time.

any other joe r lansdale fans out there?
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
gojisube
Enthusiast
gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus 7" tablet; Dead Onyx Boox C67ML
I actually like his short fiction the best. He's all over the genre map. Bubba Hotep perhaps best known. High Cotton might've been my introduction to Joe Lansdale's short fiction. His Hap and leonard books remind me a bit of James Crumley.
gojisube is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojisube View Post
I actually like his short fiction the best. He's all over the genre map. Bubba Hotep perhaps best known. High Cotton might've been my introduction to Joe Lansdale's short fiction. His Hap and leonard books remind me a bit of James Crumley.
Leonard Pine is one of the hardest SOB's this side of Jack Reacher.
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote