Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Not 'seen' by ADE or Reader Library (mac)

Just got a PRS-T1 a couple of days ago, and love it. But neither ADE nor Reader Library can transfer anything to it. Finder shows two partitions mounted ('READER' and 'SETTING') but ADE sees nothing, while Reader Library has two devices named 'Error' (with icons that resemble Reader) which I assume represent the two mounted partitions. But I can't transfer content to either.

I'm trying to transfer a library book (which RL is able to open and view). I tried just downloading from DropBox (which worked for non library DRM books ) but it would not open that, so I assume some sort of magic incantation is needed using RL or ADE. I have the latest version of Reader Library.

It was this dependence on desktop software that kept me from getting a Sony in the past (first because there was no Mac version, then because I'd read it was problematic, as it apparently still is). Fortunately this is an edge case for me and I don't expect to actually need to depend on desktop software at all.

Any suggestions? I can try ADE/Windows but am not inclined to install RL on there just to see if it will work.

Last edited by tomsem; 02-04-2012 at 05:36 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Reboot your Mac into 32-bit mode (when it is starting up, hold down the 3 and 2 keys on your keyboard).

If this doesn't work, remove all of your USB peripherals, and reboot into 32-bit mode again.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of the Sony Reader Library software on your Mac.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
ADE won't recognize the T1. That's normal. Make sure you have the latest version of Reader for Mac. It has a new name now. The software called Reader Library works with the older Sony models and not the T1.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
ADE won't recognize the T1. That's normal. Make sure you have the latest version of Reader for Mac. It has a new name now. The software called Reader Library works with the older Sony models and not the T1.
Yes, so I had 'Reader Library'. I did click 'Check for Updates' but it said it was up to date, so it never occurred to me that there was something newer I should use. I installed 'Reader for Mac' from the device, and it all works fine(*) now. Thanks!

(*) meaning it has only crashed once so far

Last edited by tomsem; 02-05-2012 at 01:32 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Glad you figured it out! The new software is not as stable as the old software since it's essentially a total redo "like new" rather than a version upgrade. Hopefully they will improve it soon.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert