Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Szara
Book Junkie
Szara began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch
Unhappy "System UIDs Inconsistent"

I am loving my Vox so far, although without the help of this forum I wouldn't be enjoying it anywhere near as much! I've rooted it and made some software modifications to remove most of the pre-loaded apps and it was going fine for a week or so.

Then, today, I was having the same issue as in this thread - missing status bar and Kobo app wouldn't load; clearing the Kobo data seemed to do the trick, as my status bar returned. I ran the setup and it downloaded and ran an update, then restarted, only to find a box with this message:
Quote:
System UIDs Inconsistent
UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable.
Then there's a button that says, "I'm Feeling Lucky".

A google search gives me results from 2010 for other Android devices, and some reference to incorrect permissions if the device is rooted, but no specifics on which ones or how.

I'd like to fix this without a factory reset if possible. Any suggestions?
Szara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
This happened to me, and it was a software factory reset that fixed it. Hope you find some other way.

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarscadden View Post
This happened to me, and it was a software factory reset that fixed it. Hope you find some other way.

Keith
Me, too. Seems to be popping up more frequently now. When I did the 'clear data', made the problem worse. Had to do a factory reset...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Chickhen
Chickhen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo VOX
I am seeing this issue as well. when it boots up the touch screen is not responsive. I cannot access the unit at all. I can power it down holding the power button. During boot it flashes the UID inconsistent message and locks up

resolved by a rest to factory settings. Now touch screen does not work in order to go through setup process

Last edited by Chickhen; 11-28-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: update
Chickhen is offline   Reply With Quote