Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #31
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
For the things that it could run, I suspect I would find a perfectly acceptable iPad alternative and I would have no need for it. My interest would be in the Android features that Apple can't handle (without a Jailbreak).

For example, a replacement keyboard (swype) or apps with desktop widgets.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #32
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Freedom of what?
Choice?
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #33
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
That's a very broad statement. I personally think it would be more stupid if someone were to be a fanatic of a brand and consider everything else malware, but that's just me.
No. I said most. Average consumer is not tech savvy at all. At all.... I see it every day. I get constant questions on why this or that doesn't work.

I don't know where your comment comes from though regarding everything else is malware or if your implying I'm a fanatic. Because that couldn't be further from the truth. You can be up front & say what you want to say. It's ok. I can handle it.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #34
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Choice?
Choice of what? Expand on what you mean. Everyone beats around the bush. Just say it.

I don't understand.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Choice of what? Expand on what you mean. Everyone beats around the bush. Just say it.

I don't understand.
Please stop trying to provoke an argument. you know exactly what I and the others meant.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #36
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Please stop trying to provoke an argument. you know exactly what I and the others meant.
No. Not at all. I'm trying to understand. I hear people argue agains apple or iOS or iPhone all the time. When they really don't know the OS or products. I have plenty of choice & freedom on iOS, etc. do I wish I had some features android has, sure, doesn't any product have some shortcomings. All I hear is apple is evil, but never any basis for the complaint. I can do everything I could do on my iPad or iPhone that I can do on my laptop. Can I resize app icons, no. So what. I can still use my apps just fine. For me it's not really an issue. Swype, ok cool, never used it, so guess what, I won't say android is evil just because I haven't used it. Guess what too, Inhave a kindle fire pre-ordered. So yeah, I use different devices. But I will also call people on it when they don't make sense. I'm not trying to argue. I'm just making a point. Technology is great, I love it all. I like the competition. But saying something doesn't have choice or freedom is an ignorant statement. Ok, good.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #37
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
I have plenty of choice & freedom on iOS
Yes, like choice of widgets, choice of home screens, choice of keyboards, choice of form factors, choice of screen sizes, choice of resolutions, choice of layouts, choice or ROMs, ...

The fact that Android apps can run on other platforms should be welcome, not frown upon.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #38
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Yes, like choice of widgets, choice of home screens, choice of keyboards, choice of form factors, choice of screen sizes, choice of resolutions, choice of layouts, choice or ROMs, ...

The fact that Android apps can run on other platforms should be welcome, not frown upon.
Many apps are cross platform, so.....of course they are welcomed. Yeah bring them on. As long as they go through quality control, that's fine with me.

Those are customization choices. iOS devices are still perfectly functional. LOL.... While I don't doubt they are neat, I'm referring to function. While android may be able to do those things, do not neglect the downside of fragmentation and inconsistency between hardware vendors, carriers, etc. We then move on to the next section. You're getting into hardware when you talk about form factors and screen sizes. Different convo.

See the point is I can admit to the limitations of the devices I use. I know not everything is perfect. Just like when I have a choice on which TV I buy. I know there are pros & cons of each. I'm humble enough to admit it. Would I like full Facebook and twitter and G+ integration with iOS, of course. It's something I think Apple should really consider. Would I mind resizing my phone app. No not really. Do I want to jailbreak my phone and want custom wallpapers. Nope, I'd rather keep the stability and security of the OS as it is. Would I like to have different types of layouts, sure why not, I'm sure that would be cool.

Hey it is what it is. Android users should be more willing to admit their OS isn't perfect, but also has Pros and Cons. Don't forget who sat on the Apple board from google and then immediately went and created Android by the way.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #39
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Google bought Android from a third party. Android was started in 2003, if I remember correctly.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #40
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Google bought Android from a third party. Android was started in 2003, if I remember correctly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android...ting_system%29
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote