Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Silkmagpie
Silkmagpie began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Model EZ 601
EZ Reader problems

Hi, I have been reading through all the threads here and found that when you "Introduce Yourself" you don't say what your problem is.....Sorry, you just introduce yourself.

As I said (and I hope you don't think I am repeating myself) I have downloaded a book to my ereader, but it will not open. Any Suggestions please, or do I take it back.......I have been working on this for about 6 hrs in total and it is quite frustrating

Thanks in advance
Silkmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkmagpie View Post
Hi, I have been reading through all the threads here and found that when you "Introduce Yourself" you don't say what your problem is.....Sorry, you just introduce yourself.

As I said (and I hope you don't think I am repeating myself) I have downloaded a book to my ereader, but it will not open. Any Suggestions please, or do I take it back.......I have been working on this for about 6 hrs in total and it is quite frustrating

Thanks in advance
You should give more detail like what format the book is in is it drm infested etc before someone could help you.
Ez reader is a hanlin clone if I remeber correctly you will get better help in that part of the forum or maybe in Astak
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
From where did you download the book?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
Silkmagpie

Thanks for your reply...as I said I am a newbie. The book I downloaded is in Epub form and it is in "Secure (DRM) format". I found the website listed in the preferred list on the EZ Reader site. The book was from the "Books on Board" site.

Last edited by Silkmagpie; 02-03-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Looked up website again and found this.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
Silkmagpie

Thanks for your reply.....the book was from "Books on Board", which was recommended by the EZ Reader site.
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 03:37 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks for your reply...as I said I am a newbie. The book I downloaded is in Epub form and it is in "Secure (DRM) format". I found the website listed in the preferred list on the EZ Reader site. The book was from the "Books on Board" site.
That means you have to do some additional steps to unlock the book on your device;
1) You need Adobe Digitial Editions on your PC and an Abobe account
http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ (Windows and MAC)

2) your Pocket EZ needs to be registered to the SAME account by connecting you PEz to the ADE authorized PC and authorizing the device when prompted

3) the file you got was probably NOT the EPUB, but the token to drag onto ADE (on the PC) to get the book that is encoded for reading on your authorized devices (5 maximum)

I don't discuss DRM removal (Against MR policy, anyway)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
Silkmagpie

Hi, yes I do have Adobe Digital Editions on my PC and an Adobe account. I have opened the ereader but it does not ask me to authorize the device. The book is in the ADE Library, and I have copied it into the ereader folder. The book is listed in the Library of the ereader, but will not open. What am I doing wrong ? I am not a computer whizz, so if you have any suggestions could you explain them to me in plain english. Thanks heaps.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Hi, yes I do have Adobe Digital Editions on my PC and an Adobe account. I have opened the ereader but it does not ask me to authorize the device. The book is in the ADE Library, and I have copied it into the ereader folder. The book is listed in the Library of the ereader, but will not open. What am I doing wrong ? I am not a computer whizz, so if you have any suggestions could you explain them to me in plain english. Thanks heaps.

Your profile says "EZReader Model EZ 601" which tells me you might have a Sony ereader. Please confirm you have an Astak EZ Reader not a Sony. It does matter.
AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Your profile says "EZReader Model EZ 601" which tells me you might have a Sony ereader. Please confirm you have an Astak EZ Reader not a Sony. It does matter.
AJ
The EZReader Model EZ 601 is not by Astak. The name was appropriated by a company in Australia and it not anything like the Hanlin product. There is not much known about the reader itself.

However, if it has Adobe support for ePUB it must be authorized by the Desktop version of ADE.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Aztak sells both Hanlin sourced devices and Netronix sourced devices. the EZ601 is a Netronix device usually sold under the Mentor brand looks like every other EB600 branded Netronix reader

Magpie- ADE does need to Authorize the device. When you start ADE and then plug in the device does the device show as one of the bookshelves? How did you transfer the book to the device, through ADE or did you just drag and drop directly to the device?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #11
Silkmagpie

Good morning (well it is here anyway) I downloaded the book through ADE. I then went to "My Documents" opened the "My Digital Editions" folder copied the file. I then pasted it into the reader in "My Computer" if that makes sense. I don't know the real termonology...sorry. I hope this makes sense. I have tried again this morning to download another book (this time a free one!!) from the Kobo site, but still no luck. There must be something I am not doing correctly.........
Old 02-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #12
Silkmagpie

When I connect the reader to the PC and have ADE opened it does not show up as a bookshelf and it doesn't look like yours in the picture.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
When I connect the reader to the PC and have ADE opened it does not show up as a bookshelf and it doesn't look like yours in the picture.
Does yours look like http://dicksmith.com.au/product/A345...i-eink-ereader and did you buy it from them? It is not an Astak product and the Astak mentor line was never called an EZReader.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
Silkmagpie

Yes Dale......that is the one....hopefully now you can help me.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #15
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Good morning (well it is here anyway) I downloaded the book through ADE. I then went to "My Documents" opened the "My Digital Editions" folder copied the file. I then pasted it into the reader in "My Computer" if that makes sense. I don't know the real termonology...sorry. I hope this makes sense. I have tried again this morning to download another book (this time a free one!!) from the Kobo site, but still no luck. There must be something I am not doing correctly.........

Don't "copy" and "paste" the book. You must let ADE transfer the book to the reader. Your ebook still has DRM on it and this is the only way for it to work. After you open ADE, with your reader showing, you can drag and drop the book (do I have this right? I've only done the DRM books a couple of times). But when you said you went to "My Computer" and then "My Digital Editions" sounds like you are working in Windows Explorer (Which is my preferred method). But you cannot do this with a protected book, you must let ADE transfer the book.

You could "copy" and "paste" ebooks that do NOT have DRM on them.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote