Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
hcobbs
hcobbs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Just Joined the Reader Club

Hi everyone. I just joined the e book club with a Reader badge as of 5 minutes ago. I've been eying them for a while now, but I saw the $100 "credit" to the sony visa card on your first purchase and I just couldn't pass it up. As I don't really like to use credit for anything (except abusing the giveaways), it was just too good a gadget to pass up!

I'm curious about what to expect, other than a new gadget, when it arrives in about a week. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep it away from my wife who is a major bookwork.

Any recommendations for books to pick up? The more free the better!
hcobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Congrats on the new purchase! Hard to wait, though, isn't it?!

You'll have to change your profile to show "Waiting for Sony delivery!"
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
hcobbs

Hrrm, guess I shouldn't have taken the free shipping as I've been waiting forever and I've seen my packagage travel over 3500miles yet not arrive yet.

Long beach CA -> Los angeles CA
-> Grove City, OH
-> Denver, CO (WTF?)
Old 04-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congratulations. Welcome to the club.

You may want to check out the Sony Reader Downloads section for a vast array of public domain books that range from Tarzan to Holmes to Zorro to SciFi to the Harvard Classics. All free, all well done.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:26 PM   #5
hcobbs

Already sapped it dry Rwood.
Advert
Old 04-27-2007, 04:14 AM   #6
glitchu1
glitchu1 began at the beginning.

I hope you like your reader i also just ordered one and i'm currently waiting for it to come...although im a little worried that i emailed the person i bought it from (off ebay) and they haven't replied about the expected arrival time, and i sent that email about a week ago, and while i was buying the product their email replies were usually within the hour

anyway, i hope you enjoy the reader!
glitchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #7
hcobbs

@glitchu1

Dude, I freaking love it. It only took me two weeks to get it on the "free" shipping from sony... but I wouldn't sell this thing unless my daughter needed some food.

Hell, it even passed my patented B,B,&P test...

Book... Beer... and Popcorn All at the same time