Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Touch
Problem with the languaje selection in the official firmware

I have two Kindle Touch, and I have updated the two devices from 5.0.4 with jailbreak, to 5.1.2. The two KT were bought at the same time in USA and I have updated the devices with the european firmware version.

In one of them I haven't have problems updating and jailbreaking the device; however in the other one, I can't select the spanish languaje in the settings. The spanish languaje option doesn't appear!!
I have made the same updating procedure in both devices, first uninstalling the installed patches and jailbreak, and then making a clear update.

What's the reason because of the spanish languaje option doesn't appear in one of the devices? It's driving me mad!!
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Different firmwares for US and European versions?

That would be news to me although your problem is also something I haven't heard anything about so far.

What is the version and number of your firmware? Look on this under the heading "Which version do I have" http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790650
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

The two devices have been updated with the same update firmware file, which has been downloaded from the spanish Amazon webpage. The information that I have given about the country and the firmware version is only orientative. I don't know if it's relevant or not.

Then, what's the reason because of I can't select the spanish language in one of the devices? The update procedure has been the same.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Xzwatz
Xzwatz began at the beginning.

Victor,

Prior to the update, you had localization hack installed? While you was updating the first Kindle, the second one had wifi on?

If so, (maybe) while you was working in the first one, the other updated by itself. Later, when you made the update process for the second one, when removing the jailbreak and the localization hack, you messed up the updated firmware...

----------------------------------------

¿Antes del update tenias ambos Kindles con el hack de localización?

El Kindle se actualiza automáticamente si tiene el wifi encendido. Se me ocurre que, si el segundo Kindle tenía el wifi encendido, se pudo haber actualizado sin que te dieras cuenta mientras trabajabas en el primero. Luego, al hacer el update al segundo, en el proceso de quitar el hack de localización y el jailbreak se pudo haber estropeado el firmware.

Estoy solo especulando que algo así podría haber ocurrido.

Saludos,

Julio.
Xzwatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_2203 View Post
The two devices have been updated with the same update firmware file, which has been downloaded from the spanish Amazon webpage. The information that I have given about the country and the firmware version is only orientative. I don't know if it's relevant or not.

Then, what's the reason because of I can't select the spanish language in one of the devices? The update procedure has been the same.
That's weird indeed.

Try to fully reset the faulty device (Jailbreak required before you can apply this package, see link).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
victor_2203
Connoisseur

Nothing, I have made a full reset, then I uninstalled the KT Jailbreak 1.2.N trying to put the device "clear", and when the device is restarted, my Kindle Touch is bricked!!

The main screen now is shown in this way:

The touch screen doesn't work fine. What happen? Is my KT bricked?
Old 09-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
victor_2203
Connoisseur

Finally I have downgraded my Kindle Touch due to a brick. When I have made a clear installation of the official firmwares, this problem has been solved. I don't know what caused it, but now I can select the spanish languaje in the options.