Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #16
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
I did the factory reset, did the desktop sync which downloaded one free book and I have the eReader Storage Error. It sure isn't my fault or Calibre's fault. I gotta find my receipt and it's going back.

I hooked it up to the PC and now it's showing no books at all. It's f***ed. Wait a moment. I powered it off and on and now it finds the one free book again.

And it won't stay connected to the PC long enough to upload a book now. Good thing I still have the Kobo Wifi.
Strange. Regardless though of how its happening I can understand any frustrations you may have. I guess the only option is to exchange it or return it depending how your feeling about it.

good luck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #17
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
deleted.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 07-12-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: deletion.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #18
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I think there's a software problem between Kobo Desktop and the USB port on the KT, because it's rock solid with Calibre, but I constantly get spurious errors like "device disconnnected" from Kobo Desktop while the KT is still connected. So far I've been lucky and it hasn't caused me any major issues.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had the ereader storage error last night. Long story.

Called Kobo, did a factory reset, re-acquainted the reader with the desktop software, and all is well for now. (Knock on wood).

The operator I talked with sent it over to Help as a Tier 2 Request, and they've e-mailed me back asking about the error; what led to it, what screens was I on before it happened, etc, etc...

I'm hoping I'm okay for now...
Old 07-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #20
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
jackastor, I love my Kobo Touch. I will *NOT* be returning it. Hardware troubles happen occasionally. That's life. I will be exchanging it though. If the store will let me. It's almost a month now since I bought it. And who knows what kind of stock they have.

CR*P. According to the website none in stock in Edmonton, Alberta.

FJames, FWIW my problems with the USB connector are so bad that it won't stay connected longer than a few seconds. And that's without the Kobo Desktop or Calibre running.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #21
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
jackastor, I love my Kobo Touch. I will *NOT* be returning it. Hardware troubles happen occasionally. That's life. I will be exchanging it though. If the store will let me. It's almost a month now since I bought it. And who knows what kind of stock they have.

CR*P. According to the website none in stock in Edmonton, Alberta.

FJames, FWIW my problems with the USB connector are so bad that it won't stay connected longer than a few seconds. And that's without the Kobo Desktop or Calibre running.
I did not think you would be settling for anythinge less then a working Kobo. Have you tried for kicks a dif computer? (im gonna guess you did). Mind you though I am thinking your preety frustrated. Hope it all goes well for you.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #22
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just contacted customer service by the 800 number and an exchange is in process. The entire telephone process was quite painless.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #23
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Just contacted customer service by the 800 number and an exchange is in process. The entire telephone process was quite painless.
Wonderful!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #24
TonyToews
Evangelist

jackastor, I can wiggle the connector and see it connect and disconnect. And then lock up. So it's either the cable or the connector. Given my previous eReader Storage problems I don't want this unit any more.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #25
TonyToews
Evangelist

The telephone operator stated they would be sending me out a new device and asking me for the old one. This didn't quite make sense to me as otherwise they'd want a credit card number. Sure enough the support email indicated they would mail me an empty box, I'd send mine in, etc. "You will receive a new eReader within 10 business days of putting the defective device back in the mail."

Good thing I've kept my Kobo WiFi.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #26
beautifulsoup
Addict

I'm interested to know - although it may have absolutely nothing to do with the error message - whether anyone who has had this error had uploaded their own additional fonts to the device.

ETA: I did have an uploaded font. Like I said, I don't know if there's any correlation.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 07-14-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: To do the ETA.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #27
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
jackastor, I can wiggle the connector and see it connect and disconnect. And then lock up. So it's either the cable or the connector. Given my previous eReader Storage problems I don't want this unit any more.
I cant fault you for that at all. I am glad you are getting a replacement unit. Hopefully it will be fast getting there.

From what you have said i think you made more then a college try to get it sorted out. So one way or the other I am glad you getting a replacement unit.

good luck

jack
Old 07-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #28
TonyToews
Evangelist

Not so fast. I received the following so more hoops to jump through. Of course several questions are utterly irrelevant to my problem but I answered them anyhow.

We are very sorry that you have been experiencing difficulties with your new Touch device, but unfortunately our Tier 1 agent provided you with information relating to RMAs for our other devices. The process for the Touch is a little different. Firstly, we need to verify certain troubleshooting methods before we can proceed with the next step.

We will need a little more information in order to investigate this issue.

When you first got your Kobo Touch, did you link it to your computer using the USB cable and complete the set-up in full as prompted by the device?

What version of the desktop app and device's own software do you currently have installed?

What kind of computer do you have and what operating system does it run? (Version and service packs if available.)

Are you able to connect the device to your computer to sync the device sometimes or never?

Does the cable physically move when slotted into the port at the bottom of the eReader?

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team