Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
Nicias
Nicias began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HD 10(2017)
Angry Calbre - Fire HD 10 - Books 1/2 size

I just recently purchased a bunch of eBook comics from Humble Bundle, which lets you download ePUB and CBZ files. After using Calibre to convert to AZW3 for my Fire HD 10 the books open up on the device at 50% of the screen size, the rest of the screen is white. So they are too small to read, but once I zoom in I cannot turn the page. I have tried so many things to "correct" the aspect ratio [convert using "tablet" to avoid resizing, convert with the native 1920x1200 aspect ratio], but I can't get them to open fullscreen [ though I will note that the cover opens fullscreen, just none of the rest of the book].
Please help?
Nicias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont convert the epub convert the cbz. And make sure that the source document actually has large enough pictures to fill your Fire screen, IIRC conversion in calibre does not upscale images.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
azw3 conversion, calibre, epub, fire hd 10, fullscreen