Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Troubleshooting a Dasung E-ink Monitor

So my 13" Dasung monitor arrived yesterday. I'm having trouble getting it set up.

This is a USB monitor with a custom driver which you have to install and then run after plugging in the monitor.
  • The driver is not installing properly.
  • I've tried letting the install app repair it.
  • I've tried removing the driver and reinstalling it.
  • I've tried letting Windows troubleshoot the issue.

Nothing is working. (I'm about to install the driver on another computer.)

Can someone tell me how to do this manually?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Video drivers are very often specific to a particular version of Windows. Do they supply different drivers for different Windows versions? (I'm sure you'll have checked this, but best to eliminate the simple things first).

Is there any indication given as to why the installation is failing? Anything in the Windows event log?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They offer 3 drivers: XP, Win7-32, and Win7-64

Both my devices rum Win7 64 bit, but neither Win7 drivers work.

I have no idea why the install is failing. According to the automated installer, the driver was installed correctly.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm tempted to guess there's a mis-match between your video/graphics card & the monitor - even with the correct driver installed.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #5
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Bummer. Do you have an old system lying around you could put XP on? It's a drag, I know...
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Bummer. Do you have an old system lying around you could put XP on? It's a drag, I know...
I'm right now working with the manufacturer.

I'm now a couple steps closer to getting it running. However I am also in a state where each failure requires me to reboot my laptop.

It's slow going.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:48 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

And now I'm at the point of getting a fuzzy image on the Dasung monitor and a black screen on my laptop.

Progress.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:17 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This doesn't sound very good for a product which has been officially released. A fuzzy image suggests that the driver isn't supplying information at the correct resolution and/or sync rate for the device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:19 AM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I got it to work - once.

I still haven't gotten the external monitor option working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040023.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	462.9 KB
ID:	140124  
Old 07-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

It's mostly working now:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/0...monitor-video/
Old 12-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #11
ZeKK
Enthusiast
ZeKK began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Do you work with this screen what sort of OS did you test? is it work fine on win 7-10?
ZeKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

It works - kinda.

The drivers were terrible, so I don't know that I would say it works fine.