Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
Adding new books problem

I've been getting a problem recently where Calibre will stop letting me add new books and throwing up an error about not being able to add metadata. The only way I've found to get it working again is to reinstall which works for a random amount of time.

WARNING: Failed to read metadata: Failed to read metadata from the following:

test.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\add.pyo", line 92, in run
File "calibre\gui2\add.pyo", line 137, in add
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1373, in create_book_entry
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 170, in run
DatabaseException: no such function: uuid4
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 141, in run
OperationalError: no such function: uuid4

At this point any document I try to add will throw up the same error.

Calibre 0.6.29 (Although the version doesn't seem to matter) running on 64bit Windows 7.
Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Actually scratch that version number. It's actually 0.6.16. Turns out I downloaded the newest version but got distracted and never installed it Be back later possibly.
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
Flub
Groupie

It's happening again with a fully up to date copy

WARNING: Failed to read metadata: Failed to read metadata from the following:

WhenSlayBellsRing.pdf

TheCeleryandtheIvy.pdf
Old 12-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates you're not running a fully updated copy.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Flub
Groupie

So what would you suggest? Remove everything including the database and start again? That's not a problem (I don't maintain a large database. Just stuff I have on the reader at the moment) but I'd like to find out how it happened to avoid the problem in future.

For the latest version I uninstalled the old copy before installing fresh. The problem as you've seen still occurred. Not straight away though. It works for a little while before failing.
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah do a full clean. Basically a few version back there was a change to the database schema which meant that if you upgraded to a version newer than that and then went back to a version older than that, you would see this error.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
Flub
Groupie

Thanks for the help. One clean reinstall later and everything seems to be working.