Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Happy Birthday GA Russell!!

Just noticed its your special day. Hope its a great one...and you get lots of cake!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chocolate_swirl_cake.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	38598  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"

Name:	blue on balloons.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	38599 GA Russell.

And wishing you many, many, many, many, many (well, you get the idea) more healthy and HAPPY ones.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF

Name:	BalloonsAni.gif
Views:	196
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	38600Happy Birthday, GA Russell!Click image for larger version

Name:	rocky squirrel BD.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	38601

Name:	birthdaycake.gif
Views:	199
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	38602
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hey GA Russell, Happy B-Day!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
happy birthday, GA Russell !! many happy returns, and cake !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Many thanks, my friends!

I have good news and I have bad news.

The only thing I wanted for my birthday was an eBook reader. The good news is that my family contributed enough money to buy one! The bad news is that some bills came due and I have to spend the money on them instead. So I will have to wait a little longer.

By the way, grandma and Zelda, my mother each year used to make me a birthday cake - chocolate with coffee frosting, my favorite! She died five years ago, and I guess the bakeries here in tobacco country stink because the birthday cakes I have purchased have been pretty bad. In fact the cake two years ago was so bad that last year I skipped it altogether. This year I decided to spend the money instead on a six pack of Guinness Stout Draught, so instead of birthday cake, I'm having birthday beer!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Many thanks, my friends!

The only thing I wanted for my birthday was an eBook reader. The good news is that my family contributed enough money to buy one! The bad news is that some bills came due and I have to spend the money on them instead. So I will have to wait a little longer.
So sorry.. I hate when real life intrudes and we have to be responsible..

Quote:
<SNIP> In fact the cake two years ago was so bad that last year I skipped it altogether. This year I decided to spend the money instead on a six pack of Guinness Stout Draught, so instead of birthday cake, I'm having birthday beer!
I know quite a few people who would love to join you and may decide to start a new tradition based on your post..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Belated happy birthday!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Many thanks, my friends!

arg, how frustrating ! but i am sure that when you get it, you will appreciate it all the more, since you had to wait for it ! i hope you get it soon though.

Quote:
By the way, grandma and Zelda, my mother each year used to make me a birthday cake - chocolate with coffee frosting, my favorite! She died five years ago, and I guess the bakeries here in tobacco country stink because the birthday cakes I have purchased have been pretty bad. In fact the cake two years ago was so bad that last year I skipped it altogether. This year I decided to spend the money instead on a six pack of Guinness Stout Draught, so instead of birthday cake, I'm having birthday beer!
i know just what you mean, i keep trying to find cheesecake as good as my grandmother's, i've never even come close. i do have her recipe though, so i guess the only solution is to start practicing !

birthday beer sounds like a good celebration, for someone who likes beer ! i can think of quite a few of my friends who would be very happy with that ! (i had birthday margaritas, this year, myself. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
belated birthday greetings and lashing of chocolate cake with hundreds and thousands on it .... .. .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote