Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
My Suggestion For PRS-505 Charger

Hi,

Lots of folks have suggested using a PSP charger to charge the PRS-505.

Here's what I did.... Being new here, I'm not sure if it's been suggested before, if it has, apologies..

Since I travel often, I do not want to carry around a million and one charger bricks. Now I take a dual USB port wall charger with me, and the just the cables for my iPhone, Blackberry, and now my PRS-505.

The cable that I got for the PRS-505 is a "Rocketfish Power and Data Cable for PSP" that has both a Mini-USB and a PSP/PRS-505 tip in one. I got it from Best Buy for $12. The nice thing about this cable is that since my Blackberry uses a Mini-USB, I don't need to bring a separate Blackberry cable for it now.

Hope this helps..
AM.
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Sounds mighty handy and must get one for the Mrs
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
I've picked up several of the PSP "data+[power" cables. I agree they are the best solution for the Reader IMO (works with any usb port for charging), and have included one with each Reader I've gifted. I really think Sony should include this type of cable with the new Readers. Then again, they like to make $$$ selling their overpriced 'official' chargers! (BTW, I've never paid more than $5 for one of these cables. They are available from several sources at cheap prices.)
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote