Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-05-2014, 05:10 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
sort by rating date

it already happened to me some times...
I have a book - maybe added it to the library a long time ago - which I read & rate it (I use the rating column as a read-flag too: unread books are zero-star).
Then some time after this I remember "... I read it not long ago... I gave it 4 stars ... which damn book is it???"
So: does calibre holds the date at which a book rating has changed?

thanks a lot for this incredible program!
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:16 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
No - that information is not recorded.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 05:55 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
it already happened to me some times...
I have a book - maybe added it to the library a long time ago - which I read & rate it (I use the rating column as a read-flag too: unread books are zero-star).
Then some time after this I remember "... I read it not long ago... I gave it 4 stars ... which damn book is it???"
So: does calibre holds the date at which a book rating has changed?

thanks a lot for this incredible program!
If the rating change was the most recent thing done to the book then calibres Modified Date should be that date

So search for books with rating of four, now sort results on modified date and scroll down to about when you think you finished/rated it with luck it'll be thereabouts

FWIW I have Status and Last Status Change Date columns that I maintain manually - I found there were too many little and/or tangential things of little consequence that can change a books modified date - eg correct a spelling mistake in a Comment

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-05-2014 at 06:48 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If the rating change was the most recent thing done to the book then calibres Modified Date should be that date
not a bad idea! I'll try that...
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
not a bad idea! I'll try that...
Many other things can bump that date, just a warning to not set your sites to high
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Many other things can bump that date, just a warning to not set your sites to high
or your sights too high
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote