Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2024, 11:24 AM   #1
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe & Paperwhite 11th gen
Kindle Spring Sales

edit : sale was only one day for Prime members.

A moderator could delete this first post.

Edit 2 : the sale appear to be still on going.

Last edited by Claude_C; 03-23-2024 at 10:23 PM.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 11:46 PM   #2
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I received my Kindle Scribe. I’m in love. I thought it would be bigger. Same size as my iPad Air. But the feeling to write on the Scribe is so much better than the iPad. No comparaison. I didn’t think I would really read with it, but I think I will like it. I mostly read at night, in my bed, laying on my side. I found a way to put the Scribe a corner on the mattress and holding it with one hand. I wasn’t sure to keep it. Now I’m wondering why I didn’t get one sooner. The firmware added many things to the writing experience. Great device. :

Last edited by Claude_C; 03-23-2024 at 09:08 PM.
Advert
Old 03-23-2024, 10:57 AM   #3
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
I really like the Scribe too.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:41 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The sale seems to be over even though Spring sale is still going.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 02:25 PM   #5
Claude_C
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, you're right.

Looks like it was a flash sale for one day, for Prime members only.

PS : Too bad we can't modify the title of our posts.
Advert
Old 03-23-2024, 03:07 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Yes, you're right.

Looks like it was a flash sale for one day, for Prime members only.

From what I've seen, overall, I'm not impressed with the Spring sale.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:12 PM   #7
Claude_C
Evangelist

Quote:
From what I've seen, overall, I'm not impressed with the Spring sale.
Yes, the deal for the Scribe was not the best of all time, but it was way better than paying full price. I was waiting for a sale to buy it. I'm a happy customer.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:52 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
You can ask an admin to change the title thread. Click on the box at the bottom of a message with exclamation mark.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:06 PM   #9
Claude_C
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can ask an admin to change the title thread. Click on the box at the bottom of a message with exclamation mark.
Oh. Thanks. I've been on this forum for years and I didn't know that!
Old 03-23-2024, 09:58 PM   #10
Claude_C
Evangelist

Quote:
Weirdly, the sale is back again.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:08 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
I received my Kindle Scribe. I’m in love. I thought it would be bigger. Same size as my iPad Air. But the feeling to write on the Scribe is so much better than the iPad. No comparaison. I didn’t think I would really read with it, but I think I will like it. I mostly read at night, in my bed, laying on my side. I found a way to put the Scribe a corner on the mattress and holding it with one hand. I wasn’t sure to keep it. Now I’m wondering why I didn’t get one sooner. The firmware added many things to the writing experience. Great device. :
I got this product for my iPad Pro:

Rock Paper Pencil

It adds a removable screen protector and Pencil tips that do a lot to make it feel more natural to write and draw on iPad. I haven't really done much of either since getting it, and Scribe remains my go-to device for handwriting activities. But I do aspire to improving my drawing skills, and plan to use iPad since the apps are so much more capable.

I also use it for sheet music and music training and there's a lot less glare to contend with.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:32 PM   #12
Claude_C
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I got this product for my iPad Pro:

Rock Paper Pencil

It adds a removable screen protector and Pencil tips that do a lot to make it feel more natural to write and draw on iPad. I haven't really done much of either since getting it, and Scribe remains my go-to device for handwriting activities. But I do aspire to improving my drawing skills, and plan to use iPad since the apps are so much more capable.

I also use it for sheet music and music training and there's a lot less glare to contend with.
I had a screen protector called Paperlike on my iPad before. It was better. But the Apple Pencil doesn’t feel like a real pencil because of the tip. For drawing, of course the iPad is a great choice. The Samsung Galaxy S tablets too. I prefer the S pen over the Apple Pencil for writing. The Scribe is really just for reading and writing. And it feels really great. You can sketch on it, but I’m no artist when it comes to drawing!

Edit : what do you think of the Rock Paper tip? Better than the Apple one?

Last edited by Claude_C; 03-23-2024 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:55 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'd be VERY careful about situating an ebook on the "corner on the mattress and holding it with one hand." -- Cthulhu may be watching you!

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:05 AM   #14
Claude_C
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'd be VERY careful about situating an ebook on the "corner on the mattress and holding it with one hand." -- Cthulhu may be watching you!

Oh, he is, always.

That said, last night, I was sitting in bed. I try not to wake up my spouse. But she didn't mind.
Old 03-24-2024, 01:34 PM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Oh, he is, always.

But she didn't mind.
Brave woman that can lie in bed when Cthulhu is near. Unless that's the name of your cat or guinea pig.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote