Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #211
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
I would still prefer the version sold in ereader store. The Tagus from Casa del Libro costs 119,90€ and the Onyx Boox i62HD from ereader-store 159,46 €, but:

* Onyx Boox i62HD (from ereader-store) comes with a cover (aprox 20 €). So now the price difference would be of only about 20€.
* The screen of the Onyx Boox i62HD has high resolution (1024x758 Pixels), while the other one has 600 x 800 px.
* Onyx Boox i62HD has page turning buttons.
* Onyx Boox has 8 GB of internal memory and Tagus only 4GB.

And most importantly... Booxtor is working hard to make his customers happy!! And that worths much more than 20€
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #212
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
I liked that model only 256 MB of ram.
I also think that having 256 MB RAM is the best thing in Tagus.
(And having bigger icons in its UI too!)

Quote:
The firmware is pretty outdated, based on the 1.7 and very limited. It allows, for example, reading engine lesson and frontligth very poorly managed.
As in Spanish forums users are reporting old bugs perhaps 1.7 is not the last 1.7 release from July. Perhaps a June or older release.
Surprising as Tagus began to be sold in December.

I was surprised when I touched it in a CdL shop that the user can't choose reader engine. So Epub is hardcoded to Old Pdfreader (don't remember if fb2 is hardcoded to Fbreader).

Quote:
A bad example of what a good advantage is hard, with a rather poor and poor firmware.
I agree

Last edited by Manolo; 01-31-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #213
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
The Tagus Lux has an internal memory of 4 GB.
The hidden partition gets 3GB and user available memory is 1 GB scarce.
The same goes for the other model M92 cloned.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #214
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
An interesting feature that has the Tagus Lux, is the implementation of IVONA pluguins, including a voice in English.
The update zip is compatible with regular firmware Onyx.
I wonder if these could be added to pluguins official firmware and that each user would buy the voices themselves.

Faced with complaints from users of the old firmware, have promised an upgrade soon.

A greeting.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #215
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
IVONA is now owned by Amazon and I wonder if it will be available for non Amazon devices in the future. And, btw, the italian IVONA voice over is extremely amateurish, judging from a sample that can be listened to online. Wrong accenting, wrong pronounce of certain words, that kind of stuff. Wonder if the other languages are done better.

Last edited by yayo; 02-05-2013 at 07:35 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #216
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
All "strangely" quiet on the Booxtor front ! ? …
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote