Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #181
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Thanks Booxtor! You reassured me.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #182
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
See? All is good and sound in the Shire, pardon, Booxland

EDIT
Crybabies
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #183
Senior Junior
Enthusiast
Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx FireFly & Onyx C67ML 8Gb Carta & Asus TF101G
Hi,Booxter!

If possibility in the following edition of the firmware to reduce the minimum of audio loudness ?!

Thanks
Senior Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #184
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
A technical question for Booxtor:

The diffusing layer Front lighting Where Does the Firefly placed?
Below the glass, or above ..?

In a Spanish forum a user of Tagus Lux (clone Firefly) says that he has scratched slightly supercie and now has to "leak" light.

This small mark that looks on the picture, there was falling on the screen, something as light as a flash drive from low altitude.

The same problem was found in the Nook Glowlight where the diffusing layer is a sheet pasted on the glass ...

greetings

Last edited by fraylocus; 01-14-2013 at 02:44 AM.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #185
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
A technical question for Booxtor:

The diffusing layer Front lighting Where Does the Firefly placed?
Below the glass, or above ..?
Hi,

the lighting technic used in frontlight devices is similar by all manufacturers.
Look at the attached picture. The diffusing layer is obviously not as hard as glass. If it is damaged you can expect a kind of disturbed illumination and "light leaks."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	feature-lighttech.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	99567  
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #186
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here, another pic. Would be intersting to test what is the result of dropping car keys on a Kindle Paperwhite, since some e-reader sites seem to love to perform the experiment on the competition.

The layers from top (left):
Front Cover
Light Guide
Led Assembly
Capacitive Touch Screen
E Ink Display
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1227-biz-TOOLKIT-for-WEB.png
Views:	430
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	99568  

Last edited by yayo; 01-18-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #187
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Booxtor
I was wondering if a screen protector can be put on the firefly screen. How much would that help to protect the light guide
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #188
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can anyone confirm these finding?

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UPldavrl58F
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #189
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
Can anyone confirm these finding?
Confirm WHAT?
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #190
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thank you very much for the information Booxtor.

It is clear that technology in its first generation frontligth adds fragility and need to be very careful with the screen treatment.
This is true with all models that have passed through my hands: Paperwhite, Firefly and Frontlight Cybook Odyssey HD and a single glance at Glo Kobo.

The second question is whether the filter produces some opacity diffuser intervention affecting the native contrast of the screen.
In the first three models, the sacrifice is small contrast with the light off.
The Kobo Glow, I've only seen it once and I could barely taste it loses enough contrast because of the diffusing layer. You can tell at a glance.
According to review some specialized, low to 10:1.

With the light on, something is lost in the first three, compared to the native contrast Pearl HD: 12:1.
The least, is the Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight whose measured contrast microscopy is 11.5:1.
Undoubtedly, the Cybook is the best I've seen illuminated display.
Also the fastest.
But its format support is very limited. And the possibilities of setting very poor reading.

For that reason, I see no good idea to add a protective filter to such readers.

We speak of a first generation.
Hopefully the following improvements.

Anyway, the front light is still a good idea and a benefit for the reader.

Valuing pros and cons, my choice was decanted into the Firefly, by his superior format support and overall performance.

A greeting.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #191
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Thank you very much for the information Booxtor.

It is clear that technology in its first generation frontligth adds fragility and need to be very careful with the screen treatment.
This is true with all models that have passed through my hands: Paperwhite, Firefly and Frontlight Cybook Odyssey HD and a single glance at Glo Kobo.

Could you be a little more specific about the Kobo Glo (in regards to fragility)?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #192
fraylocus
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Could you be a little more specific about the Kobo Glo (in regards to fragility)?
Sorry, my English is not very good and maybe I have not expressed well.
Added fragility speak to all readers with lighting.
The diffusing layer is placed on top. And as you said Booxtor, is less harsh than regular glass without frontligth readers.

The Glo Kobo adds a diffusing layer sacrificing enough contrast. But he has no more, nor less, than the other three fragility

With a little care not to damage the diffuser surface, no problem.
But it's good to know.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #193
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Sorry, my English is not very good and maybe I have not expressed well.
Added fragility speak to all readers with lighting.
The diffusing layer is placed on top. And as you said Booxtor, is less harsh than regular glass without frontligth readers.

The Glo Kobo adds a diffusing layer sacrificing enough contrast. But he has no more, nor less, than the other three fragility

With a little care not to damage the diffuser surface, no problem.
But it's good to know.
I was wondering if some brands are more fragile then others. I've seen reports of the Nook Glow and now the i62HD, but I've heard nothing about the Paperwhite or Kobo Glo (due to scratches after purchase).

I would think with all the Kindle owners (and to a lesser extent, Kobo), if people were scratching their displays and it was causing lighting problems, we would have heard about it by now.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #194
yayo
Groupie

Your assumptions sound plausible but regarding the Firefly we really don't have much anecdotal evidence on hand. A spanish user who apparetly admits he dropped something on his reader and a blogger who, in my view, got up on the wrong side of the bed the day he wrote his review. Would love to hear from eastern european and russian users, are there fragility problems with the light guide on the Firefly/Aurora/Angel Glow?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:08 AM   #195
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Thanks Booxtor! You reassured me.
But an update from time to time about status and expected date of issuance would be welcome (and even more reassuring).
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote