Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Nook 1.5 is out!

Available here:

Nook 1.5

Last edited by afv011; 11-22-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Typo
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Would someone who has updated be willing to discuss how creating shelves for the My Documents section works? Honestly, I'd like to know pre-update in case the 1.5 bricks me from softroot.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My Shelves sounds just like collections.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
iharley
iharley began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I'm downloading now and I'll let you know what I find. I'm more curious/hopeful that calibre will be updated to support this.

Update
OK, I've updated. From with My Documents (and My B&N Library) you have a new option for Shelves. Tapping that gives you the option to:
  • Go to shelf
  • Place on or remove from shelf
  • Reorder shelves
  • Create a new shelf
  • Remove a shelf
  • Rename a shelf

The process then is to Create a new shelf, then highlight a book, and Place it on a shelf. Unfortunately I don't see the shelves appearing when looking at my nook's file system on my Mac, so it would be a tedious process of shelving books through the nook itself.

Last edited by iharley; 11-22-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Updating
iharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
I just got a nook, and so far I love it.

But this update sounds great, especially password protect.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Click on the link on the first post and then check out the user guide for guidance on how to create shelves. It works but it is kind of a tedious process.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iharley View Post
...I'm more curious/hopeful that calibre will be updated to support this....
Same here!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Page turns are much faster with the update. I would say par with the K3.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Page turns are much faster with the update. I would say par with the K3.
Yes, page turns are a noticeable improvement over 1.4.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #10
graphicsgirl
Connoisseur
graphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook wifi, Ebookwise 1150, Dell Axim x5
Very impressed. Not only is page turn a lot faster, the font seems also to be darker. And I finally can search in My Documents folder! Yay.
graphicsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #11
Spatulachic
Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook
Could someone remind me - if I have a softrooted nook, I need to back up everything in My Documents before downloading the update, right?

(stuck at work and figured I could download the update if I don't have to back up My Documents first, but can't remember if it's necessary).

ETA: Never mind. Got impatient and went ahead and started the download. Everything is backed up on my netbook, so I'd just have to transfer the files again.

Looking forward to the shelves! Even if it's a slow process, once my original library is all on shelves, it'll be easier to add others as I get them.

Last edited by Spatulachic; 11-22-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Spatulachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
jedema
jedema began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
hmm. I turned on wifi just to dl the new update, but it told me download failed... not sure what that means... time for manual update.
jedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #13
jankrix
Enthusiast
jankrix began at the beginning.

Device: [Original] Nook
I'm downloading update now, just woke up and saw new email saying the update is available, what a great news to start a day
jankrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #14
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I've been doing shelves on the Nook Color for a day or so now. It is the equivalent of creating folders to me. As long as there is no limit on the number of shelves, I think it is good.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #15
cybrdmn
cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nookcolor
It sounds like the 1.5 update makes the classic nook just like the color nook as far as organization is concerned. Except the home screen on the color, all the other new features sound familiar.
cybrdmn is offline   Reply With Quote