Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
Thank you zisoft! That worked!
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #17
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
I did remove and resend my books to the device, after making the change zisoft suggested. I wasn't sure whether it was needed but it seemed like it would be. Just FYI in case anyone else is trying it.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_tribble View Post
Pegster - now I understand. What you're actually doing is accepting the Added Order default and accommodating yourself to it. A reasonable decision. My problem is that with upwards of 350 books on the Reader already, this isn't a solution I could live with - and what happens when you add a new book to your collection?

Thanks for the clarification - but it looks as if I'll have to live with having to re-sorting each time I go into a collection.

Best...
Chris, I use the same method that pegster describes. I use the Sony Reader Library to drag and drop books within a Collection into a forced order to accommodate me. It's exactly like arranging a Playlist in iTunes to your preference! I think it's a great customization feature, and I sorely miss it on my Kindle.

I have 600+ books and 20+ collections on my ereader at any given time. Some I autosync through the Sony software and some I manually manage.

When you add a new book to a collection, it defaults to the end of the list. It remembers the order of the books that were previously loaded within that collection. Then you need to go back into the Sony software to drag and drop the new book to the place you want it in your forced order.

The good news is that setting it up initially is the hard part that consumes time. After that I usually only add a few new books at any one time to a collection so it's not that much of a pain to order them. Hope that helps!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:13 AM   #19
chris_tribble
Enthusiast
chris_tribble began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zisoft View Post
In Calibre, go to preferences --> plugins --> device interface plugins --> select SONY device interface --> customize plugin --> and check "use author sort for author".
Thanks for this - I'm much happier with the surname sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The good news is that setting it up initially is the hard part that consumes time. After that I usually only add a few new books at any one time to a collection so it's not that much of a pain to order them. Hope that helps!
Thanks for this too. Looks like this is the way forward - but I think I'll wait for a really wet weekend! I need to do something similar to my physical library too. Would that it was so easy to alphabetize that!

Best

C:
chris_tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #20
bookit
bookit began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 600 - kobo arc
My first post as well - This has been driving me a little crazy too - I've got the Sony PRS 600 Touch - The 'Collections' has the strangest way of sorting by default - It picks out all different sorts of things from the text of the book to sort by i.e. the country or state where it takes place,African Americans in the book, divorced men??!! In the 'Books' section it's sorted by title by default, which is great, except when you've got over 300 books and you've got to plow through them all to find one you want to read - Authors would be so much simpler, we all have our favorite authors - I tried to change it in Calibre as suggested by zisoft ( thanks zisoft ) - Nothing changed in the reader though - Please, any more help?

Last edited by bookit; 11-26-2010 at 07:32 PM.
bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 12:43 AM   #21
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
If you click the down arrow next to the "By Title" label in the upper right (in either the Books or Collections view) you can choose the sort. By Author is listed there.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #22
bookit
bookit began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 600 - kobo arc
Hi doreenjoy - Sorry if I'm sounding horribly dense, but I can't find a down arrow - In the the upper section, on the left hand side, there's the backwards arrow taking you back to the home page, and on the right it just says sorted by title - Underneath this are the titles on the left and the alphabet to take you directly to titles starting with those letters - Plus I made a mistake! I DON'Thave the PRS 650, it's the PRS 600, sorry!! :-(
bookit is offline   Reply With Quote