Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-03-2022, 11:14 PM   #46
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenS View Post
My phone screen is 1080 x 2340 pixels.
I changed the margins to -3em but it didn't work.
The pixel count just says the aspect ratio for the 277x600 image you posted is near correct.

As for any further help, sorry but you've reached the limit of my knowledge since I very very seldom actually read on my phone (2532x1170 pixels so very close to the same aspect ratio) preferring to use my Sage—that 8" eInk screen is a lot kinder to my old eyes.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:46 PM   #47
DenS
Connoisseur
DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The pixel count just says the aspect ratio for the 277x600 image you posted is near correct.
I changed the resolution of the images to be able to post. I thought it was not allowed to post high resolution images. I'm sorry about that.

Anyway, thanks for the time you've given me trying to help me.
DenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2022, 01:14 AM   #48
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I changed the resolution of the images to be able to post. I thought it was not allowed to post high resolution images. I'm sorry about that.

Anyway, thanks for the time you've given me trying to help me.
You are right that putting images over 600x800 into a message will draw unwanted attention from the admins. However, if you use the paperclip icon or the Manage Attachments button, you can attach larger images. People will only see the thumbnail unless they click on the image to open it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:29 AM   #49
DenS
Connoisseur
DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You are right that putting images over 600x800 into a message will draw unwanted attention from the admins. However, if you use the paperclip icon or the Manage Attachments button, you can attach larger images. People will only see the thumbnail unless they click on the image to open it.
I understand now. Thanks! I updated the post with the images in the correct resolution.
Old 08-04-2022, 12:01 PM   #50
DenS
Connoisseur

Quote:
On kindle it works great, but on the kindle app the words are cut off. Maybe I did something wrong?
So, it looks like I was able to solve the problem by changing the left and right margins to 25.0 pt. Before it was 5.0 pt.
I don't know why it worked, but it did!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (calibre).png
Views:	116
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	195626  
Advert
Old 09-29-2022, 11:45 PM   #51
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
So, it looks like I was able to solve the problem by changing the left and right margins to 25.0 pt. Before it was 5.0 pt.
I don't know why it worked, but it did!
sorry for bumping this old thread, but I recently encountered this problem when I want to read on my kindle for pc too. Did you just re-convert all your books to have 25pt margins? Have you tested if just editing the css will result in the same thing?
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:36 AM   #52
DenS
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
sorry for bumping this old thread, but I recently encountered this problem when I want to read on my kindle for pc too. Did you just re-convert all your books to have 25pt margins? Have you tested if just editing the css will result in the same thing?
I didn't try to edit the css. I just reconverted some ebooks. It worked, but when I opened the book, I got an error message saying "if I downloaded this item from Amazon, delete and re-download from the cloud". Strangely, if I changed my Kindle's language to English, the error message no longer appeared.
All too stressful just to lower the margins on the Kindle, I ended up giving up.

Last edited by DenS; 09-30-2022 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:16 PM   #53
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I was in Best Buy yesterday and saw a 6.8" Kindle for the first time. They actually didn't have this one in display mode and I was able to give it a very short (less than a minute) trial. For a nearly 6.8" reader it's small and sleek and pretty light. Screen looked good. (I didn't think to try the warm light option.) Page turns were very fast. These were the good points. But the margins were almost a 1/4" on each side and that was at the smallest margin setting. Why do they do that? I don't know if there's a workaround (and I'm not in the market for a Kindle) but those wide margins kind of spoiled it for me.

Huh. You can adjust margins. I don’t understand what you see the problem is
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 05:29 PM   #54
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
It's already been said in this very thread: the smallest margin on a Kindle is still too large for many people, myself included.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 05:30 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
You can only adust the margins if you edit your KF8 eBooks and add in a negative left/right margin.

Here is the CSS code I use at the top of the CSS file.
Code:
html {
  margin-right: -45px;
  margin-left: -45px;
  break-inside: avoid !important;
}
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #56
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I think I understand rcentros: she thinks the margins are two big on the smallest setting.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 05:33 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think I understand rcentros: she thinks the margins are two big on the smallest setting.
I do as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote