Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #21301
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero #2
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #21302
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Chuckles at herself and her hubby...

So Lucas went to sleep at 7 last night. We have gotten use to 8 hour sleeps and expected him to wake up at 10 for a last feed of the night or 3 at the 8 hour mark. He did not wake up at 10, we feel asleep at 10:30. I think we checked on him four times from 3 on. At 3 he was breathing but not awake. At 4 he was breathing but not awake. At 5 he was squirming which led to a discussion on if he was awake. We decided no noise, let him sleep. At 6 he was wide awake, sucking on both thumbs, and had turned himself 90 degrees in the bed. I changed his diaper and am feeding him.

We are such first time parents. Who else would be so concerned when the baby is sleeping through the night for the first time.

Off course this means tonight he will wake up twice to feed because Mom goes back to work on Monday.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #21303
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
We are such first time parents. Who else would be so concerned when the baby is sleeping through the night for the first time.

All parents been there, done that. Parenting is the hardest, most challenging job in the world, and we are required to do it without any prior experience. Baby sitting/etc just cannot prepare you for being a mom or dad.

Good luck!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #21304
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Baby sitting/etc just cannot prepare you for being a mom or dad.
Even being a Mom or Dad doesn't prepare you for being a mom or dad...

I've poured an inch of lime juice, and inch of lemon juice, and an inch of orange juice over ice, filled the rest with water, and am sitting back with a really, really horrible drink... Two tablespoons of sugar would turn this right around, but I shall endevour to persevere.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #21305
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That sounds awful. Maybe some honey?

Lucas decided that he needed a nap ninety minutes after waking up. I am enjoying having him sleep on me but I really need to pee. Decisions, decisions...
Advert
Old 09-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #21306
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Home made Cafe' Mocha in my T-i-double grrr mug.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #21307
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Even being a Mom or Dad doesn't prepare you for being a mom or dad...
Stitchawl

Sure it does, but it trails behind the age of the child/ren!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #21308
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Home made Cafe' Mocha in my T-i-double grrr mug.
Aw, I want that one. I have an Eeyore mug that was gifted to me recently. I love Tigger and I slept with a little stuffed Tigger when I was small. I still have very fond memories of my little Tigger.

Coffee in my mug and getting ready for a BBQ this afternoon.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #21309
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Aw, I want that one. I have an Eeyore mug that was gifted to me recently. I love Tigger and I slept with a little stuffed Tigger when I was small. I still have very fond memories of my little Tigger.

Coffee in my mug and getting ready for a BBQ this afternoon.
Got mine on sale at the Disney Store in Nashville. Was $7 I think.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #21310
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
What a day for a daydream
What a day for a daydreamin' boy
And I’m lost in a daydream
Dreamin ‘bout my bundle of joy

And even if time ain’t really on my side
It’s one of those days for takin' a walk outside
I’m blowin’ the day to take a walk in the sun
And fall on my face on somebody's new mowed lawn

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwH4wPz-URM )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Equinox! All things being equal, this appears to be a very nice day! Sunny. Cool! (Yes, the cooler weather started last night. We turned off the air/con and opened all the windows.) Gonna have to go for a ride today... It's just too nice to pass it by. I have a mug of East India Company's "Assam" tea beside me, with a bowl of rice and a few slices of sashimi on top. I'm trying to decide if it's the sashimi taste I like or the wasabi that I put on it... Hmmmmm....

Quote:
Sure it does, but it trails behind the age of the child/ren!
Yeah, by about 30 years.

Well, first things first... Gonna take a fast 4K walk around the neighborhood. With our house at the very top of a steep hill, I've found a route the takes me up and down twice in that 4k loop. I wish it would end with a 'down,' but I'll take what I can get. Then a quick shower and it's off to ride the Kyoto mountains again! It's Autumn!!!!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #21311
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Well, first things first... Gonna take a fast 4K walk around the neighborhood. With our house at the very top of a steep hill, I've found a route the takes me up and down twice in that 4k loop. I wish it would end with a 'down,' but I'll take what I can get. Then a quick shower and it's off to ride the Kyoto mountains again! It's Autumn!!!!

Stitchawl

Walk backwards!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #21312
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Started with Peet's Major Dickason's coffee, went down to watch golf on TV, do discover that our beloved cable provider has done us in and we have no cable AT ALL (thank goodness I have an alternate Internet service over DSL), so no golf. Ah, well, a cup (or two) of Golden Dragon Oolong, and an afternoon spent knitting and listening to Mouse and Dragon by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. Still no cable, but who cares.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #21313
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Beer earlier. I go back to work tomorrow.

I am bummed.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:15 AM   #21314
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero #1.

It's pretty rough having to go back to work so early.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 AM   #21315
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Nothing. I don't even have an cup.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?