Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Sony Store books in iPod?

Hi,

I'm used to read all books in my PRS-505, but now my son has an iPod and I'd like to be able to share with him the books I bought.

Is it possible? Or I would need a "Sony App" for iPod ?

Thanks

Paulo
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Don't know of one. I buy a lot of my eBooks from Kobo because they automatically load onto my iPhone as well as being available to download to to my Sony Library and moved over to my 505. They support other Smartphones but I don't think they support iPods. There web site is here http://www.kobobooks.com/
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Hi,

thank you for your reply. I've just checked that Kobo has an App that works for iPod. Of course, you have to access it from Wifi but it seems to work very well. I'll give it a try and buy something from Kobo.

Thanks

Paulo
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
deltop
Zealot
deltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Well assuming you've now downloaded the epub verisons of your books from the new Sony store you can upload them to a txtr account and then download and read them via txtr's iphone app. Which supports Adobe DRm'ed ebooks. You just need to enter your adobe account info into the app and it will authorise the device.

http://txtr.com/

Or you can just remove the drm from then and read via Stanza.
deltop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltop View Post
Well assuming you've now downloaded the epub verisons of your books from the new Sony store you can upload them to a txtr account and then download and read them via txtr's iphone app. Which supports Adobe DRm'ed ebooks. You just need to enter your adobe account info into the app and it will authorise the device.

http://txtr.com/

Or you can just remove the drm from then and read via Stanza.
Actually, even if you remove the DRM, the txtr app is still a much better ePub viewer then Stanza. The txtr app support embedded fonts where Stanza doesn't and Stanza has more bugs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert