Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #46
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Personally I would like to see some sort of macro where I could just operate on the file and it would remember and could then duplicate this to other places. Perhaps I could tweak the macro to do something like a script.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #47
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
So here is another scripting alternative for Sigil: Global Search&Replace with support for regular expressions! It should be quite easy to implement in Sigil (there are lots of regex libraries with well-defined API's) and I think it will take care of 99% of my scripting needs...
Hi Johnny, (I'm sure you know this, but for the non-programmers at Mobileread...) regexes can do a lot for you as a user, but they only operate on your text. With scripting built into Sigil, we should be able to operate on Sigil itself (including some representation of the document, which comprises the text).

That means that other people can add functions to Sigil in an easy, and well defined way, or automate tedious operations. People who want to add more capability to Sigil could then write isolated plugins instead of having to change the core code of Sigil. Think of the way plugins work in web browsers, or how really advanced macros work in MS Word or Excel.

I believe the most popular choices mentioned so far include "good enough" regex support in any case (well, maybe not lua, but it has its own search and replace style operators IIRC).
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #48
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
That means that other people can add functions to Sigil in an easy, and well defined way, or automate tedious operations. People who want to add more capability to Sigil could then write isolated plugins instead of having to change the core code of Sigil. Think of the way plugins work in web browsers, or how really advanced macros work in MS Word or Excel.
You're getting a bit ahead of yourself. Plugins are nowhere on my horizon. I'm not saying Sigil won't have them some day, I'm just saying it won't be any time soon. There's waaaay to much stuff to be done before I even start considering that.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #49
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
You're getting a bit ahead of yourself. Plugins are nowhere on my horizon. I'm not saying Sigil won't have them some day, I'm just saying it won't be any time soon. There's waaaay to much stuff to be done before I even start considering that.
Sure, but the point is that it will be *possible* while with regex we can only operate on text in the document...
radius is offline   Reply With Quote