Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
files on PRODuo card going missing after transfer

Okay, pop quiz.

I have transfered files to my card already with no issues, but for some reason this is causing me much frustraition.

I have 30 volumes of comics to transfer to my reader PRODuo Card, It is a Sandisk Memory Stick PRO Duo 8GB by MagicGate.

each volume is a CBZ with around 200 images that I have converted to LRF format via ComicLRF (very good) which come out at around 30MB each volume.

I transfer these 30 files to my PRO Duo card via the 'Send to Device' 'Send to Storage Card A' option, after a wait I can see all of my transferred files correctly tagged on my card, when viewed through Calibre, Hurrah!.

I unplug my Reader and let it update its records, and blammo!!!. Nothing. Ziltch. My new files are not readable, and more often than not the entire Tags (collection) settings have been lost. Bummer.

So I open the storage card via My Computer and delete the files, and calibre shows the data has been erased (via the available space).

What is going wrong here, I have added LRF files generated in the same way before with no issues.

I have tried to add without Tags, this does not work, I have tried addign a few at a time, this also does not work, I have tried deleting Cache.xml and this also does not work. This is stupid.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
sideburnt
Connoisseur

okay, so I solved the dissapearing book situation, I had to create seperate folders for each collection by changing the Author to something other than 'Comic' apparently adding another 30 files to an already quite large folder on the PRO Duo card was causing issues, although feck knows why.

But I'm still having tag issues, keep losing them little buggers.
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
sideburnt
Connoisseur

another calibre issue, just DONT use calibre, metadata can be edited easily with a number of other solutions, so no sleep lost there.

Also transfer to the memory card via My Computer, is considerably quicker than with Calibre

Finally Tags can easily be edited using Sony eBook Library 3, these tags are not lost and do not dissapear when a new item is added.

Calibre is losing cred points heavily recently for me.

Last edited by sideburnt; 09-17-2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling errors