Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
eBook Composer Options?

So I like the potential with Sigil but I've been having nightmarish experiences with it to date. I can't get any stability with the TOC. The "<br/>" is no longer an issue with the newer version but for example I hit save and all of a sudden all of my "Heading 1" texts were changed to "normal." I know this is still an alpha and a bit buggy so when it comes into its own I'll give it a shot but I'd really like a good eBook composer that allows for a table of contents. What are the options:

Word, Sigil and...?
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Moved to the Sigil forum area.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKid View Post
So I like the potential with Sigil but I've been having nightmarish experiences with it to date. I can't get any stability with the TOC. The "<br/>" is no longer an issue with the newer version but for example I hit save and all of a sudden all of my "Heading 1" texts were changed to "normal." I know this is still an alpha and a bit buggy so when it comes into its own I'll give it a shot but I'd really like a good eBook composer that allows for a table of contents. What are the options:

Word, Sigil and...?
File a bug report. The more you file, the more you help Sigil become the program you want it to be.

Also look at the ePub subforum. There were a couple of other editors, like this, and this...
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKid View Post
So I like the potential with Sigil but I've been having nightmarish experiences with it to date. I can't get any stability with the TOC. The "<br/>" is no longer an issue with the newer version but for example I hit save and all of a sudden all of my "Heading 1" texts were changed to "normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
File a bug report. The more you file, the more you help Sigil become the program you want it to be.
Dave Berk put it nicely. The more you file, the better it will become. The <br> tag issue for headings was fixed because someone reported it. Until that happened, the problem was unknown and was thus unlikely to be fixed.

Try to create a small sample file and a step-by-step procedure that replicates your problem. Then attach this to the issue and it will probably get fixed quickly.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote