Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Pendragon #1 on Sony's store for 99 cents

Just got this in the Sony email:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/d-j...00000000036967

First book of Pendragon, for 99 cents at the ebookstore.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Free on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Merchant-o...dp/B000FC0ROM/
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Boya!!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
duskdawns
Enthusiast
duskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
This is free from the publisher in PDF format:

http://www.simonandschuster.com/w/pe...bb_t4ai_090505

It's in the middle of the page, in a blue box.
duskdawns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
On Sunday, I downloaded the PDF from the Barnes and Noble site and put it onto my Sony reader. While the formatting wasn't as good as a book specifically formatted for the reader, it was an enjoyable read. I could be tempted to get the rest of the series if the next couple of books are as good as this first one.

Will definitely pick up the free copy from Amazon since it will be easy to share with my sister and nieces -- much easier than converting the PDF to Mobipocket.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2009, 01:18 AM   #6
ReD
Enthusiast
ReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-700, PRS-300, PRS-T1, Kobo Arc
Sony has it for free now but it's not showing up under Free Books; you have to do a search.
ReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
lilac-jive's link in the first post will take you right to it.

I'm not familiar with this book or series. How many books are in the series? The desciption kinda' reminds me of the Wrinkle in Time series, which was a favorite of mine!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
lilac-jive's link in the first post will take you right to it.

I'm not familiar with this book or series. How many books are in the series? The desciption kinda' reminds me of the Wrinkle in Time series, which was a favorite of mine!
Ten are out, the author has stated that eleven will be the final book.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
Ten are out, the author has stated that eleven will be the final book.
Wow! How could there be that many and me not know about it?
Thanks for the info!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
Eleven! You've got to be kidding. How could that series last for so long? I was half way into the second book when I decided the series is really lame and gave it up...
But eleven books got me think again...maybe it turned out well after all? Should I give it a second try? Any suggestions?
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
Eleven! You've got to be kidding. How could that series last for so long? I was half way into the second book when I decided the series is really lame and gave it up...
But eleven books got me think again...maybe it turned out well after all? Should I give it a second try? Any suggestions?
I dunno, I think The Wheel of Time is pretty lame and it just keeps going and going after the author is dead...

Do we really need so many Dune books, as well?

Xanth is on its 33rd book and the 34th is already planned...
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #12
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I'm up to Book 8 of Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series and don't want them to end. I'm always up to try the first book in a series for free but I understand that odds are the first tends to be the best.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #13
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Pendragon #1 is now free at the Sony store just like elsewhere
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote