Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Kindle Email Format Error

I know I'm missing something obvious here, but I just tried setting up Calibre to download and autosend some news recipes and it's not autosending. When I try to manually send the file I get the error "could not email the following books as no suitable formats were found."

Using the dropdown on the main screen, I have it set to "mobi" as the output, and under preferences->general I have it set to AZW, but for whatever reason the files are definitely coming out mobi and are not able to be sent either manually or automatically.

Email to Kindle seems to work just fine though, as the "test" email was sent and received.

I'm a total n00b on the Kindle and this new email to Kindle thing, so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
in the email preferences make sure MOBI is in the list of formats for the kindle address
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Oh. Right. Thanks! There was no format shown in that box, so I must have deleted it accidentally.

That should probably be a checklist rather than a text box. The text field is cleared if you hit the "tab" key after entering the email address as I apparently did.

Anyway, it works perfectly now. You rock, Kovid.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
don1011
Enthusiast
don1011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Do we have to pay .10 to Amazon when we email from calibre to our kindle?
don1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I believe so, though I haven't been charged so far. I think they only charge for every 30 emails or something like that

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 04-09-2009 at 04:21 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert