Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #40486
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Feel better soon, Rumpelteazer!

I'm sitting in front of a high intensity blue light, making up for a distinct lack of sunlight. I've had a return of my insomnia and it's time to get serious again.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:25 AM   #40487
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Thank you, Cromag. I hope you can soon sleep well again.

It seems my sense of smell is returning. For the last couple of days I've been sniffing things to see if I can smell anything. Yesterday I opened my baggie of over 20 scented wax melts, which is a very strong smell. I couldn't smell the wax melts, but I was able to clearly smell the plastic, which was just weird. Today, it seems, that I'm able to smell more things, though only vaguely, but it's a start.

Yesterday morning I went out to take some pictures of the beautiful white landscape. I was glad I did because the mist had frozen in all kinds of spiky formations on almost everything and I was able to get some good close-ups. It also made me realize I really want/need a good camera. This week I've borrowed my sister's camera, which is better than my own but still misses a lot of options I want.

Today's plans; go to the supermarket, finish my current book, watch the Jonathan Creek I recorded at Christmas and try to decided whether or not I want to go to the nearby town on Saturday or not.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:59 AM   #40488
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Trying to beat down survivors guilt. Half of my team got laid off last night
astrangerhere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #40489
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Trying to beat down survivors guilt. Half of my team got laid off last night
Oh no!! Ouch. What sort of stuff do you do, that they can spare that many of you? (Or have you already said that, and I've not paid attention/ retained it?)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:05 AM   #40490
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm preparing for an outing this morning. I discovered there is a little craft store in the nearby town. Yesterday I was trying to decide whether to go out or not, finding the craft store made the choice easier. I'm going to treat myself to some magazines and visit another store that sells a lot of craft supplies. Before going back I'll go to the big supermarket to get a couple of things the supermarket on the vacation park doesn't stock.

I can smell better than yesterday, so tonight I'm going to take a nice bath with one the bathbombs I bought (I found it a bit of a waste to use one when I couldn't enjoy the smell).
Old 01-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #40491
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

It looks like Sonos finally has become user friendlier. For a long time now I've been looking for a replacement for my Logitech internet radio, there are too many server problems for my taste. I would really like a Google Home, but it doesn't look like that will be released in the Netherlands any time soon. I have looked at Sonos players in the past, however, they needed either a wired connection or a bridge thing to connect it to the home network. My current internet radio never played nice with my access point and I'm tired of tripping over the network cable.

The bridge thing added another €110 to the price of the Sonos, which isn't cheap to start with. But it now looks like that isn't needed anymore, you can connect the Sonos Play:1 directly to a 2.4 GHZ wireless network. Which means that it's moved to the top of my list.

When I go on vacation I always save extra "just-in-case" money, which I usually use to treat myself to something after my vacation. I've just ordered a new access point (simultaneous dual-band) and I have more than enough left over for a Sonos Play:1.

Now I'm going to read some more recent reviews of the Play:1 to help me decide. The store I would want to buy it from has it in stock, I probably could convince my father, when he picks me on Monday, to go by the store.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:05 PM   #40492
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Trying to find the motivation to start packing some things. I'm very tempted to just get up really early tomorrow morning and do all the packing in one go. I'm sad that's it's the last night. It's a shame I was ill the first couple of days, but at least I had time to get better whilst taking it easy (not 100% yet, but much better than on Monday).

I didn't get the snow I wished for, but the lake I look out on did freeze, and on Wednesday there was beautiful hoarfrost.

I'm already looking forward to my next visit to the park, I liked this apartment so I might book it again. It's a really strange idea that my parents are going to be in this same apartment in two weeks' time.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:00 AM   #40493
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

It's almost time to go home. In two hours I'll be picked up by my dad. Now that I'm starting to feel normal again I wish I could stay another week.

I've packed nearly all my stuff, except for my notebook and some food stuff. I still need to take out the trash and go to the supermarket to get some breakfast.

I'll probably have to work this afternoon; last week at least two, possibly three, shipments came in and my father usually doesn't finish processing the shipments that come in when I'm on vacation, if he starts on them at all. Tomorrow the next shipment will come in so I need to make some room for it.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:29 AM   #40494
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Preparing for my first classes of the day. Busy week teaching 7 times between now and Thursday.
astrangerhere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #40495
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Usual Monday morning housework here. And will wash the sheets.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:17 AM   #40496
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've just set up my new access point and I never thought I would say this but that was easy. It said "plug and play" on the box, we always call it "plug and pray", but this was an honest claim. I had expected to at least having to change the IP address to be able to see my media library, but it worked right out of the box. My only gripe is the usual: why do the LEDs have to be so darn bright. My old access point had blue LEDs, but they were dim enough that they weren't annoying at night. These LEDs are annoying even in day light, so I'll have to find my roll of black electrical tape.

Now I'm waiting for my bedside table to dry. Since I'm changing internet radios I took the chance to give it a good clean. Hopefully my Sonos will be as easy in its set up as the access point.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:46 PM   #40497
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I spent the day recreating my cage..... I mean my apartment in Sims 2.
That's right folks you can see where I spend my days. You see the pink bed. It's right there I control my universe. I even added the baseboard heaters.
Now just imagine more clutter everywhere. Sims are too clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cage 1.png
Views:	143
Size:	921.1 KB
ID:	154571   Click image for larger version

Name:	cage 2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	154572  
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:47 AM   #40498
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Catching up on MR and wondering what happened to some of the old stalwarts of the place .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:21 AM   #40499
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

This weekend my parents are going away for the weekend. For the first time in at least 5 years. The problem is that my father doesn't want to leave until the store closes at 6pm, my mother wants to leave between 2 and 3pm (they can check in at 3pm). My father has now said he wants to see how busy it is on Friday; if it's quiet-ish he's okay with leaving early, when it isn't quiet-ish he wants to stay.

Last night we, my mother, sister and I, started working on my dad so my parents can leave early. My father wants to go play billiards, which he usually does on Friday night, his billiard club is near the vacation park. And now my mother is afraid, if the leave late, he'll basically drop her and the luggage off at the vacation park and he'll leave immediately for the club. My mother wants to have to time to unpack stuff, get some groceries and have dinner together.

I'm looking forward to a on the one hand busy weekend, since I'm on my own at the store. But on the other hand a nice and quiet one since my parents will be gone and on Sunday my sister will be at her apartment preparing to move in.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #40500
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm trying to wrap my head around that he is close enough to go to his usual hangouts. In America usually people go on vacation it's out of town like when we lived in North Carolina we vacationed in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Here in St Louis we go to Chicago or Branson, Missouri. Why so close by?

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?