Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #29491
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Lemon on paper cut! Lemon on paper cut! Oh, God! Call a Dr., STAT! *writhes in agony*
Sympathies.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #29492
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I did--for about 10 seconds--consider warning you...
I got exactly what I wished for, so I shouldn't complain

Quote:
I think you're stuck asking. If you can't read her non-verbals (and perhaps she isn't giving off any!!), then...
I know the reason for the lack of hints and can account for it. Dates are going very well up to this point. Baby steps. After she warms up (each time anew), things start coasting. Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
both parties must be performing the same dance with the same steps. If you're doing the Charleston, and she's doing the Lindy Hop, things just won't work out.
I know. We'll just invent an entirely new dance altogether. Slowly

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-22-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #29493
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
I agree, they would be hilarious--ClientsfromHell.net-worthy--if they were happening to someone else. I just do NOT understand why he never though to ask me "Hey, do you read Greek?" Hell, if the book had BEEN in Greek, it would have crossed my mind. If he wasn't an expat, ditto. Just...never saw that one coming.
I'd rephrase that as "I just do NOT understand why he never thought.", since actual rational thought seems to have been absent from the start.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #29494
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Your bill is confusing, but, crap, Blossom, you are paying more than 4x what we're paying. Per KWH. No matter how you do the math. Even more. I just don't understand how the HELL they can charge that, for such a cozy apartment.
It's Ameren. They have just notify us the rates will be going up again. Every summer they jack them up and now they are raising them up more permanently.

Quote:
Well...somebody allowed her to be that way in her life. Her parents, her husband (?), or, something. I mean, if you go through life not knowing how to budget, only a few possible scenarios, there. Either you have more than you need to accommodate cavalier spending, or you go bankrupt. Y'know?
She knows how to work the system.

Quote:
I don't want it if you're going to constantly tell me what to do with it, what I may do with it, what I can't, how I should use it, etc. That's not a gift. That's a contract with too many conditional clauses."
I agree and I'm sorry you had to deal with it too.

Quote:
The really crap part is how it's taken out on YOU. This goes back to the guilt, appeasement, and so forth. Stop listening to both of them.

<Snip≥
You GOTTA put your foot down. And with bipolars, it's crucial. They'll push you and push you and push you, like children, until they find your limit. You need to make that limit line early-before you get upset. I happen to have two bipolars that have married into my family and my husband's BIL's family (so, one married to my side, one to his...), so we see an awful lot of that.

I strongly recommend the loving-but-firm approach. It's worked for me and I hope it will work for you. I see you here, with this sort of emotional duress, often enough to know that this must be very debilitating for you. Try the Puppy Approach. (That's our code for it, in the fam).
This last week was an eye opener. I can say he hadn't eaten which was probably the main cause for the family drama. He gets real loopy when he skips meals. Sometimes weird, sometimes mean. He started throwing around the big D word. I know it's an idle threat. It's all he has left to try and manipulate me. It's a tactic he learned from his mother. I am not rattled easily. I have my Alcoholic bat $$*# crazy father to thank for that. You rant, rave, break things As long as they are not mine I'll just sit there blink, maybe shake my head. It ticks him off even more. He'll go on a verbal tirade for awhile and then get bored. Ten minutes later it's like a switch been flip he'll be laughing at the TV or his game. Talk to me as if nothing crazy just happened.

Thanks for your advice on the training them. I might have to try it.

Quote:
Good luck. Oh, and yeah--you need to call your State's Corporation Commission, (or the utilities commission, whoever oversees power and electric) and find out if you are being hosed. Those rates are CRAZY.

Hitch
Seeing the state just approved a rate hike. There likely nothing that can be done.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by Blossom; 01-22-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #29495
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I have many little traditions when staying at a vacation park; getting up early to get fresh bread rolls, reading horror books, watching horror films, going out to a nearby town (if it's easy to get to). I seem to have another tradition: burn my hand. All week I've been using the oven a lot, baking cookies, preparing dinner and tonight, when I took out my pizza I burned my hand against the top of the oven. I've burned myself several times during earlier stays.

I put my hand under running water for a while and it doesn't seem too bad. Though I thought that last time and it left a scar on my thumb.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2017, 03:49 PM   #29496
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I have many little traditions when staying at a vacation park; getting up early to get fresh bread rolls, reading horror books, watching horror films, going out to a nearby town (if it's easy to get to). I seem to have another tradition: burn my hand. All week I've been using the oven a lot, baking cookies, preparing dinner and tonight, when I took out my pizza I burned my hand against the top of the oven. I've burned myself several times during earlier stays.

I put my hand under running water for a while and it doesn't seem too bad. Though I thought that last time and it left a scar on my thumb.
Are using pot holders?

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #29497
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Are using pot holders?

Sent from my XT1528
Yes, I brought my own so I didn't have to use a tea towel. It's stupid I manage to burn myself so often when I'm on vacation. It's not something I do regularly at home.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #29498
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Pee on the burns. That speeds healing
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #29499
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Dat Bear Grills moment...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #29500
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Life hack.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #29501
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's Ameren. They have just notify us the rates will be going up again. Every summer they jack them up and now they are raising them up more permanently.

She knows how to work the system.

I agree and I'm sorry you had to deal with it too.

This last week was an eye opener. I can say he hadn't eaten which was probably the main cause for the family drama. He gets real loopy when he skips meals. Sometimes weird, sometimes mean. He started throwing around the big D word. I know it's an idle threat. It's all he has left to try and manipulate me. It's a tactic he learned from his mother. I am not rattled easily. I have my Alcoholic bat $$*# crazy father to thank for that. You rant, rave, break things As long as they are not mine I'll just sit there blink, maybe shake my head. It ticks him off even more. He'll go on a verbal tirade for awhile and then get bored. Ten minutes later it's like a switch been flip he'll be laughing at the TV or his game. Talk to me as if nothing crazy just happened.

Thanks for your advice on the training them. I might have to try it.

Seeing the state just approved a rate hike. There likely nothing that can be done.

Sent from my Nexus 7
You desperately need to call for an energy assessment. It is obvious from your kw usage and the size of your apartment that you are either paying someone else's bill or you are paying for the entire building. Something is very wrong. Or you are burning incandescent lights and running both heaters and the stove almost non-stop.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:15 PM   #29502
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Along with "What color is the sky on your planet?"
______
Dennis
Hitch, maybe you need to ask clients "what direction do electrons spin on your planet".
http://www.askamathematician.com/201...-way-is-right/
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #29503
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Hitch, maybe you need to ask clients "what direction do electrons spin on your planet".
http://www.askamathematician.com/201...-way-is-right/

I've had fun with similar concepts in the past, because just about everything is relative to something else. What happens when there is no something else to be relative to?

If you were magically transported to an empty universe, where you were the only thing in it that existed, the question of precisely where you were would be meaningless. So would how fast you were going if if you were in a spacecraft and gunned the engines to move, and the direction in which you were moving. (The fact that you were moving would have to be taken on faith, because there would be no way to measure and prove it.)

But in Hitch's case, I'd stick to color of sky. Electron spin would be rather beyond the client's knowledge.
______
Dennis
Old 01-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #29504
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You desperately need to call for an energy assessment. It is obvious from your kw usage and the size of your apartment that you are either paying someone else's bill or you are paying for the entire building. Something is very wrong.
Agreed, and that was my first thought. The utility should respond to that request. What you pay for the power you use may seem exorbitant, but they are generally fussy about being accurate about the amount you are billed for.

This looks to me like Blossom is paying for usage that she didn't do.
______
Dennis
Old 01-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #29505
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I want to dispute a $2.50 charge on my credit card. WHY do I have to call to do that????
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness