Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
SusieWong
SusieWong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Import books from documents

I've tried searching for help but am getting nowhere fast!

As my previous laptop died I managed to save my Calibre library onto a pen drive. I have now added this library to my documents in the new laptop, downloaded Calibre but am unable to add the books other than one at a time from the folder. Is there a way to do add the whole folder? I am pretty useless with the computer so need any directions in a simple, step by step format.
Thanks guys
SusieWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieWong View Post
I've tried searching for help but am getting nowhere fast!

As my previous laptop died I managed to save my Calibre library onto a pen drive. I have now added this library to my documents in the new laptop, downloaded Calibre but am unable to add the books other than one at a time from the folder. Is there a way to do add the whole folder? I am pretty useless with the computer so need any directions in a simple, step by step format.
Thanks guys
If you saved the Library FOLDER from the old PC.
Replace the newly created Library folder with the old one. (Calibre must be stopped first)

Warning: Assumes you have NOT added book that did not exist in the old Library. Have them saved somewhere safe , they will need to be added to your restored library
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
SusieWong

Sorry I still don't understand. I put the new (empty) library folder into the old one but I still can't get it onto Calibre. Can I delete all libraries and start over again?

Last edited by SusieWong; 08-20-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieWong View Post
Sorry I still don't understand. I put the new (empty) library folder into the old one but I still can't get it onto Calibre. Can I delete all libraries and start over again?
What are you doing??

You probably messed things up if you did what you said and did not keep the original backup.

I said REPLACE the New Library with the saved old one.
If yo have followed these backup instructions http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id57, The restore on the new computer is painless.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
SusieWong

Hmm, I haven't a clue what I'm doing! I have two backed up libraries on the pendrive. One from a couple of years ago and the most recent, which obviously has more books in and that's the one I want. Somehow I have now managed to get the old one on Can I delete the library and all the books that are on Calibre and start again? Try and get the newest library on? I am totally confused.
Advert
Old 08-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
SusieWong

Right - I have totally botched up. Please,please can someone tell me, in a language I can understand, how I can completely remove Calibre and totally start over again. Thank you
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
SusieWong

OK Don't ask me how but I've managed to get the books into Calibre directly from the pendrive - sorted Thanks theducks for your help.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Hi,

I Hope you have managed... it is really hard for me too.

Regards, François

Last edited by fxp33; 08-23-2013 at 07:43 PM.
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
SusieWong

I couldn't have done it without these guys' knowledge and patience. By trying to do it, before I knew how, I made things even worse!