Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #31
DeeEs
DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad/iPhone
Ah, didn`t know that Android`s voice command was implemented as good as Siri in smartphones. The competitors never sleep
DeeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #32
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post

Personally, I have an iPhone 4S and I am absolutely in love with the Google Maps app. It has an easy to use interface and contains two "killer apps" lacking in Apple's solution: (i) Street View; and (ii) transit information. And not a "killer app" per se, but I also trust Google's maps when it comes to having addresses and streets clearly mapped and having street directions correctly identified.

How do you get the street view?

Thanks.

Nevermind.

Last edited by John F; 12-18-2012 at 11:27 AM.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #33
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEs View Post
Ah, didn`t know that Android`s voice command was implemented as good as Siri in smartphones. The competitors never sleep
Not as good, it's arguably better.

Source

And noticeably faster: source.

Last edited by afv011; 12-18-2012 at 12:35 PM.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #34
SleepyBob
Evangelist
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Not as good, it's arguably better.

Source
If you use the right wording. Siri is more flexible, from what I understand.
SleepyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
It is the Christmas season and my wife who loves penguins has them and polar bears all over the house. (It is a never fail gift.)'

what! no monkeys?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #36
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyBob View Post
If you use the right wording. Siri is more flexible, from what I understand.
Not according to the source article provided. Many of those were intentionally vague.

Now doing tasks rather than searches, perhaps that's true. But I have never found using the right wording to be all that difficult in Voice Commands.

In any case, I still don't like talking to my phone. That's just too nerdy even for this geek.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #37
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
In any case, I still don't like talking to my phone. That's just too nerdy even for this geek.
You don't tell your phone good night before putting it on the charger? You cold heartless monster!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #38
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
You don't tell your phone good night before putting it on the charger? You cold heartless monster!
Seriously. People just take take take, never say please or thank you or "good phone!"

That's why Skynet was so ticked at us.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:46 AM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I draw the line there. I think it's over the top when you start petting your device.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote